cold air anyone??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboystoysguy

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:redbuggy:
so whats the point of a cold air intake is it like a intercooler on my turbo vw?? and what are the gains i know the colder the air the beter the combustion and all that but does 6-7in of tubing realy help or does it just restrict more.

You are going to find a few different opinions on whether or not the cool air intake generates any major increase in performance. Since you seem to understand the concept behind the cool air intake, I will not explain it to you.

My thoughts on the subject are that it looks nice. It will let the engine operate more efficiently, but from what I have witnessed I do not think that they are worth the trouble. Just my opinion.

if they made an actualy intercooler that would be sick i know the perry pump kit for the pro .15 had an aluminum carb adapter that had cooling fins like an intercooler.

I put a different connector on my air filter to get it away from the engine more for air flow than intake of cooler air.

I figured having something blocking the actual air flow to the engine head for cooling is more of a hinderence than sucking in warmer air. If it helps by lengthening it to suck in cooler air, then in my eyes there may be two benifits.