Clutch Spring Tool Question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've seen these clutch spring tools on Team EDS's website but I dont know that I understand what types of clutches theyre for or how to use them exactly. If someone could get my lined out on this info Id really appreciate it!.

The only clutch tool I've ever used is the Losi type like this
31XbUeivFpL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Team EDS has this one that they call a "buggy clutch spring tool" that looks like this. I'm assuming this servers the same function as the Losi tool or no?
EDS-182002-2.jpg

Then They have one called an "on road clutch spring tool". I have no idea how this is supposed to work or what type of clutch you would use this for.
EDS-182001-2.jpg

I've seen these clutch spring tools on Team EDS's website but I dont know that I understand what types of clutches theyre for or how to use them exactly. If someone could get my lined out on this info Id really appreciate it!.

The only clutch tool I've ever used is the Losi type like this
View attachment 154168

Team EDS has this one that they call a "buggy clutch spring tool" that looks like this. I'm assuming this servers the same function as the Losi tool or no?
View attachment 154169

Then They have one called an "on road clutch spring tool". I have no idea how this is supposed to work or what type of clutch you would use this for.
View attachment 154170:hehe:

They are just a twist tool that spread the clutch spring over the nut ,I've never used any type of clutch tool ,
I do it the hard way!..:hehe:

All though ,I've only messed with 3 shoe clutches ,its possible that one may need one for a 4 shoe set up!

They are just a twist tool that spread the clutch spring over the nut ,I've never used any type of clutch tool ,
I do it the hard way!..:hehe:

All though ,I've only messed with 3 shoe clutches ,its possible that one may need one for a 4 shoe set up!
So the buggy clutch tool works just like the Losi clutch tool then?

I still dont understand how the "On road" clutch tool works though. How is an on road clutch any different than a buggy clutch?

So the buggy clutch tool works just like the Losi clutch tool then?

I still dont understand how the "On road" clutch tool works though. How is an on road clutch any different than a buggy clutch?

Yea ,I dont know either ,I do know that there is some wicked clutch set ups out there ,like
Buku or Fioroni ,but not sure what would make them different!..🤔

Back