Clutch problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Having trouble picking out clutch shoes and bell for my mgt4.60
I'm new to this and not sure what will fit. Any suggestions, Thanks in advance

Having trouble picking out clutch shoes and bell for my mgt4.60
I'm new to this and not sure what will fit. Any suggestions, Thanks in advance
What can i help with?

Can I use any clutch she and bell or do I have to stay with what's on it.
I got a new 49t spur gear and was looking at a14t bell but not sure if it will fit.
As long as it is the same gear pitch as your spur gear, most nitros use mod 1, associated has models that use other pitch like the rc10gt for example, i am not very familiar with the mgt 4.6
And regarding clutches, are you needing to replace stock from wear or wanting to upgrade?

most 1/8th scale nitro engine big block accessories are universal.

Just need to know if your model uses a 2 or 3 pin flywheel and 2 or 3 or 4 shoe clutch if you plan to use the stock flywheel.

As long as it is the same gear pitch as your spur gear, most nitros use mod 1, associated has models that use other pitch like the rc10gt for example, i am not very familiar with the mgt 4.6
And regarding clutches, are you needing to replace stock from wear or wanting to upgrade?

most 1/8th scale nitro engine big block accessories are universal.

Just need to know if your model uses a 2 or 3 pin flywheel and 2 or 3 or 4 shoe clutch if you plan to use the stock flywheel.
Thanks for the info, going to the hobby store tomorrow (only 1½ hours away) gotta make it count.