Need a new clutch for Argus .28 nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn26

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i bought a new argus .28 and just wondering what clutch kit should i buy for the motor. i tried to use the clutch off the savage 25 motor but that didnt work keep stripping spur gears and the clutch bell keeps moving foward and back.

thanks
matt

i bought a new argus .28 and just wondering what clutch kit should i buy for the motor. i tried to use the clutch off the savage 25 motor but that didnt work keep stripping spur gears and the clutch bell keeps moving foward and back.

thanks
matt

I don't know what clutch assembly that you will need ,but you should pick up a clutch shim kit when you do
buy your clutch assembly!

You have to shim it and put shims on the shaft before the collet so it doesn't move when you tighten down the flywheel nut. Also, clean the shaft, collet and cone area in the flywheel with DA to remove any residual oil. Then test fit with shims behind the flywheel, bearings and bell on. When you get it shimmed properly, then back off the flywheel nut, put a bit of blue locktite on it, then tighten it down and install the shoes. You may need a shim behind the bell bearing so the face of the bell doesn't rub the shoes/shoe pins and likely need shims before the screw goes on after the bell to avoid slop. You want a little bit of slop after tightening down the CB screw, like .5mm so everything spins freely. If you shim too tight, it will cook the bearings. Too loose, an the bell will wander, which will potentially ruin the bearings, spur and shoes.

Back