Clutch Bell an Spur Gear Compatibility on a Picco 21 and Picco 266. Now both these are in Tmax extended chassis and non extended chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADD

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
What should I run for a Clutch Bell and Spur Gear in a Picco 21 and a 26 .. Both in Tmax extended chassis and no extended chassis

I've never owned anything smaller than a .26 so I'm not 100% sure if the clutch bells are interchangeable or not between a .21 and a .26

What should I run for a Clutch Bell and Spur Gear in a Picco 21 and a 26 .. Both in Tmax extended chassis and no extended chassis
Oops I will reword this.. what are the meshing #s for these machines ? As in what spur goes with what clutch etc..

Oops I will reword this.. what are the meshing #s for these machines ? As in what spur goes with what clutch etc..
AFAIK all nitro gears are all Mod1 gears. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but everyone I've ever owned were all Mod1 so just make sure you spurs are Mod1 and they should be fine with your clutchbell

I think Traxxas uses an odd ball pitch ,maybe 64 pitch or something ,but ,might can convert spur to a
Mod 1 gear!... 🤔

What's Mod1, as I'm a newbie an still trying to figure things out

I think Traxxas uses an odd ball pitch ,maybe 64 pitch or something ,but ,might can convert spur to a
Mod 1 gear!... 🤔
64pitch is a very fine tooth count. Pretty sure that's typically used in smaller, mini sized stuff.

What's Mod1, as I'm a newbie an still trying to figure things out
Gear pitch is a way to tell how many teeth are on a gear per given inch of the circumference of the gear. The gear pitch for any nitro I've seen is called Mod1. So as long as your clutchbell is mod1 and your spur gear is mod1 then they will mesh correctly. If you look at your spur gear it should have a gear pitch stamped on it. It could be some sort of Mod like Mod1, Mod.8, Mod .6 etc or if its an imperial size measurement it would be something like 32P, 48P, 64P etc.

What kit do you have?

Back