clodbuster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIGz_NYC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I was just given a clod buster last night. From pix that I have seen on line it looks like its still prety much stock. I analog speed controller works but looks extremly beat up and everything is exposed. I'm looking to upgrade to and esc my question is if anyone knows with the stock motor these things come with, can I pretty much put any esc in there or do they have to match them up with the motors?

when I get home tonight I will post some pix of the rig as is...

thanks for any information.

Stock motors were the Mabuchi 540. Pretty much any modern ESC will be able to power them.

I'm looking into converting into a rock crawler... my pockets are kinda thin anyone know a good inexpensive chassis?

When I had mine I used a CZ4 chassis, and modded it into a quite capable crawler back in the days of supers.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

Nice! And when I get a chassis... pretty much da stock axle n servos should fit into it am I right? Or would I have to change n e thing?

It will actually be a little more involved than that. You will have to buy or make parts convert it to a crawler. About the only thing used in a super conversion from the stock clod is the axles.

ok i found this on ebay... this sounds like its a complete kit... hope its good... I'm very new to this and looking to get this into a nice looking truck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Clodzil...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d011c99a2

That was the same chassis I used, however I chopped mine, remove the cantilever shock set up and link mounted the shocks. I had custom made laser cut axle mount servo mounts made. I also removed the sway bar set up for more articulation. I really kind of miss that truck, the thing ran great and crawled pretty well too.

This is what a CZ4 looks like, before I chopped it up...

IMG_2245.jpg

I dont know much about rock crawler conversions for the clod, but my friend made his into a clod crawler and he said he needed botomless pockets to make it legit.

I know alot of the parts and upgraded axles to convert a clod CAN be really expensive.

In tear down mood...

a6f80a99-0413-2e50.jpg

Few questions... I know I'm being a bit of a pain here but any help would be appreciated ...

What is this here on the left? And is it needed... I've read da manual and see something bout if u have a bec receiver dat u don't need a bec... it shows some wires being taped off... I'm guessing its da wires that go here... lol I think I'm explaining right... and on the left I'm guessing this is to control wether or not u want 4wd. If I want 4wd all the time can this me eliminated?

a6f80a99-080b-dea4.jpg

Thanks again 4 any info

Last edited:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340650443488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340650443488.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 216
Back