Cleaning exhaust pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

[email protected]

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Today I noticed alot of unburnt fuel comming out my exhaust when I first started her up, I thought she was rich. Now I'm thinking it could have been residual because of the power she had. Can I rinse out exhaust after I run? Is there any chambers in muffler like cars? I would like to be sure when she is running rich before I make lean adjustments.

Rob D

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
you could take off the exhaust and drain it there is a cone with some holes in it like a baffle ..now was it fuel coming out or was it just the oil ? i get a lot of oil coming out of my pipes becuse i buy the high in oil content nitro ..

With the kind of power you say your haveing i doubt your running to rich

Rob

[email protected]

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I agree, I shouldn't be running rich. As far as whats coming out, looks like both? I realy don't know, thats why I want to clean out muffler, to rule out residual build up.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am using the AE pipe which has no baffle inside, when I cleaned it I took it off and sprayed it out with brake cleaner (brake cleaner wont leave any residue), then let it dry before putting it on. I would not recommend this on a plastic pipe, you could use carb cleaner on a plastic pipe, it will leave a slight residue on the inside but nothing noticable.

[email protected]

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Originally posted by NCNitro
I am using the AE pipe which has no baffle inside, when I cleaned it I took it off and sprayed it out with brake cleaner (brake cleaner wont leave any residue), then let it dry before putting it on. I would not recommend this on a plastic pipe, you could use carb cleaner on a plastic pipe, it will leave a slight residue on the inside but nothing noticable.

In that case I could use QD Electronic cleaner, no residue and works ten times better than carb cleaner, in fact thats all I use on engines.