Cleaning exhaust pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Today I noticed alot of unburnt fuel comming out my exhaust when I first started her up, I thought she was rich. Now I'm thinking it could have been residual because of the power she had. Can I rinse out exhaust after I run? Is there any chambers in muffler like cars? I would like to be sure when she is running rich before I make lean adjustments.

you could take off the exhaust and drain it there is a cone with some holes in it like a baffle ..now was it fuel coming out or was it just the oil ? i get a lot of oil coming out of my pipes becuse i buy the high in oil content nitro ..

With the kind of power you say your haveing i doubt your running to rich

Rob

I agree, I shouldn't be running rich. As far as whats coming out, looks like both? I realy don't know, thats why I want to clean out muffler, to rule out residual build up.

I am using the AE pipe which has no baffle inside, when I cleaned it I took it off and sprayed it out with brake cleaner (brake cleaner wont leave any residue), then let it dry before putting it on. I would not recommend this on a plastic pipe, you could use carb cleaner on a plastic pipe, it will leave a slight residue on the inside but nothing noticable.

Originally posted by NCNitro
I am using the AE pipe which has no baffle inside, when I cleaned it I took it off and sprayed it out with brake cleaner (brake cleaner wont leave any residue), then let it dry before putting it on. I would not recommend this on a plastic pipe, you could use carb cleaner on a plastic pipe, it will leave a slight residue on the inside but nothing noticable.

In that case I could use QD Electronic cleaner, no residue and works ten times better than carb cleaner, in fact thats all I use on engines.