Cirrus Servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
The LHS talked me into getting a Cirrus servo for my new Maxx.
I have used a 605 MG Hitec in the past.
The numbers look good CS-80 2BBMG 129oz Torque Speed .25@6v
It looks cool with a clear case. The best part is the $20.00 price tag.

As always I’m a skeptic.
I will let you know what I find.
Does anyone else run this servo?

The price was a typo Sorry it was 29.00
I think X_ would know exactly how to describe this one..
SUCK
Wont center worth a dam. I'm on my 3rd tank of fuel on brake in and I allready took it off.

I think I will make a fishing lour out of it.
Dont get one.......:angry:

Try a HiTec Digital hi torque servo...I run the HS-5645MG. It produces 170 oz-in of torque on a 6v system. It costs $60. I have two one I run and one in a box for back up should I frag the current one (I thought I did when I submarined my T, but it dried out just fine).

I'm going to take the 605 MG out of my old (Parts Maxx).
My LHS just got these in and asked me to try them. I guess I will have to find something else to spend my 29.00 credit on.

It shouldnt be to hard.

Originally posted by FastEddy
The price was a typo Sorry it was 29.00
I think X_ would know exactly how to describe this one..
SUCK
Wont center worth a dam. I'm on my 3rd tank of fuel on brake in and I allready took it off.

I think I will make a fishing lour out of it.
Dont get one.......:angry:
If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!

Disagree...completely!

I've been using a Cirrus CS-80 on duty for steering for 9 months now...no problems at all. Great torque, a hair slower than stock (as long as ur not racing - no probs), centers fine.

Metal gears, BB's and High Torque for $20 (littleshopofhobbies.com) - you can't beat it.

Originally posted by Retread316
Disagree...completely!

Mine wont center when I turn right and has a nasty rebound when centering from the left.

Think I got a bad one?
I would love for this servo to work.
Lemme know what you think.

I've used a CS-65BB Coreless Servo and for the money 47.99 here I thought it was great its suped smooth lots of tourqe and its fast for about 5 bucks more than a 645mg Hitec. X

Originally posted by FastEddy

Mine wont center when I turn right and has a nasty rebound when centering from the left.

Think I got a bad one?
I would love for this servo to work.
Lemme know what you think.
Maybe you got a rare bad one or maybe Retread got rare good one.

In hopes that I got a bad one, I went and exchanged it for another.
We tested 4 of them at the LHS and all 4 were bad. All of them had a terrible rebound after hitting center. What I mean by rebound is when the servo snaps back to center it will bounce back 3-4 degrees then settle in on center.

Retread, turn your truck on its top and turn the wheels all the way to one side using your TX. Let return to center on its own, do it again the other way. Do you get any servo bounce?

Please try and let me know.

I hope you get a functional servo out of all that, but the old adage about getting what you pay for may be knocking on your door.

At $20 a pop, that will be an inexpensive lesson to learn, but a pain in the arse.

I recommend the HiTec servos, but I only have experience with Futaba, HiTec and the TRAXXAS stuff. Of them, I like the HiTec the best so far.

No rebound...smooth as silk and centeres cleanly.

Maybe the lhs got a hold of a bad batch? Sounds kind of strange though.

OK - I suppose that's a possibility!

:)

Well I to diagree, I had A CS80 for over a year until the case got broke, it worked awsome, centered just fine all the time. I didnt want to wait to order a case so I went and bought a hitec645mg, all I can say is junk. It doesn't center nearly as good as the cirrus did and the hitec says it has alittle more torque but the cirrus was better. Also saw 2 hitec digital servos last weekend at the track, they were very jittery and didnt center well either. So who knows but sounds like there is good and bad in both.

for 20$ it seems worth the gamble...but hey what do I know?

Originally posted by nitro dave
for 20$ it seems worth the gamble...but hey what do I know?

IS this a trick question Nitro Dave? ??? X:cheerful:

Yea for 20 bucks I will go with a cirrus before a 50 dollar hitec again.

Originally posted by x_789

IS this a trick question Nitro Dave? ??? X:cheerful:

nope, some have had great luck with the CS80, like Retread, and some have not, so it seems like there might be good ones and bad ones. To me that sounds like a gamble, but if it pays off, you have a nice servo with lots of torque for $20. I think I would take that gamble, but hey what do I know?:dumb:

Back