Chromebook Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My sister decided she needed something a bit lighter than her work-provided laptop to take with her to conferences. The only caveats were that it was cheap, she had to be able to type on it and it had to be able to use office documents. Tablets were a bit too small so we ended up going with a Chromebook.

Here's the problem: We are able to connect to the internet at her house and at free hot spots like McDonalds but we can't seem to get connected to her work's open WiFi hot spot. The Chromebook can see the hot-spot and and will connect but there is no internet connectivity. It's really odd because we can connect everything else WiFi that either of had with no issues (Android phones, Android tablet and her work-provided laptop connected without a problem).

Any ideas or suggestions? She needs it working by the ind of the month.

@hamz9561 I'd have her reach out to her company IT department, they could have a policy in place that's preventing the chromebook from connecting.

They don't seem to have clue as to why it isn't connecting either...

UPDATE: Did some more checking and ran the Internet connection repair app and it's not seeing ANY DNS servers even if you manually add them. I had her contact her company's IT support and they tried but couldn't update the AP's firmware. SMH. I think they may have an AP that's going bad or needs to be replaced.

Thanks for the update. Something certainly sounds amiss with their setup.

Back