Christmas Shopping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It may seem a bit early for this thread, but how many of you have started and/or finished your shopping for Christmas gifts?

I only have 1 more gift to purchase and I'm done.

Everyone's getting socks....or just sock depending on how jolly I'm feeling.

Been done for a few weeks or a month now. Always do it hella early, then get to anxious and give my parents theirs early and have to buy more lol. I really enjoy buying gifts personally. The people that just complain and bitch about it drive me nuts. If you can't afford to by someone gifts, just be honest about it, dont complain.
My parents are getting a keyless entry setup for their house, first two seasons of Diagnosis Murder and a few more odds and ends of things.
Got them Full series of McGuyver one year, Hogans heroes full series last year, also part of Walker and the full series of Wanted Dead Or Alive, which is in my top 5 of best tv shows EVER!!!!!

Got my sister as a secret santa thing this year so we dont have to buy all siblings gifts, sweet. Got her a recipe rock and Enders Game in paper back.
Buyer myself a gaming pc.

I just have to carve the pumpkin and string some of those spider webs around the front door and I'm done.
...Ooh, Cranberry sauce. I have to pick up a can.

Nope, haven't really even started. We started a tradition a few years back once my little sister moved closer, I go down there the second weekend in December, do all my shopping, and do my Christmas with my niece and nephew all to myself when they aren't so overwhelmed by so much going on, and all the crazy people (family Christmas :D). We have an absolute blast, and there's always good deals to be had as stores are trying to move all the stuff they bought for the season. And I'm with Lloyd, can't stand all the bitchy people, I truly have a good time.

I only shop for myself.

lol really Rob? Wife pick her own gift too?

I haven't started yet. Don't know when I will get the chance either. We will be out of town for thanksgiving. Then I am in Dallas the 2nd through the 14th of december. Usually we have a gotten a start by now but it seems that every weekend we had something going on. The wife and I don't get each other anything so we just have the kids and our 7 nieces and nephews to buy for. We also buy for our parents but those gifts are usually easy to buy.

Last edited:
Wife won an ipad air yesterday and sold it yesterday as well. Christmas shopping almost done lol.

lol really Rob? Wife pick her own gift too?

Yes she does. Makes it easier on both of us during the holidays. We do have the kids and my wife's family to deal with though.

Yep. No returns necessary.

My shopping is done! I got my oldest niece's gift at Build A Bear today. Now i can relax and watch the crowds at a distance.

The wife and I buy our larger gift ourselves but I still have to buy her a few surprises to put under the tree. We ordered most of our sons stuff already. I hope to havi it all done by the end of this week.

A new lens cap for the Johnson Cam and a new set of Velcro Gloves?

Almost finished, I do all online shopping when possible. It's the easy way, generally I am done by October. This year was an exception as funds have been low, the main thing that I finally found a good deal on was my sisters gift. She wanted a nice SLR camera so I picked up a Nikon D3200 kit.

asugyde8.jpg

This box Came for me today, wife wasn't home so I had to sign for it. I think I know what it is, can't wait for Christmas morning! should have another coming from TCS, I hope.

Back