Chicago Tracks and LHS?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazi

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'll be in Chicago next weekend and I'll like to now where I can find a good LHS to buy some Savage25 tires and rims. I'll also heve the full Saturday morning free, any track where i can go just to watch?.
I'll be mostly in Rockford but I can drive to any place in the Chicago surroundings. Thank's for the info.

Actually, theres a good hobby town in rockford. It's not your typical hobby town. The guy that runs the place is Jeremy and he's always helpful and doesn't try to sell you what you don't need. I just bought an engine off of him yesterday. He had an orion wasp 18 that he was installing in one of his own vehicles and he broke the crank putting on the clutch nut. He sold it to me for about 1/2 the price. All I really wanted was the piston/sleeve, but now I have an extra everything but a crank.

HobbyTown USA - Rockford, IL.
3782 North Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61114
(815)282-0727

If you do end up closer to chicago, there's only one that I know of that's a really good LHS:

Website kind of blows, but the store is pretty good: http://www.alshobbyshop.com/

Al's Hobby Shop
P.O. Box 449, 121 Addison Ave., Elmhurst, IL 60126
Phone (630) 832-4908, Fax (630) 832-3812
We are one block west of York Road and two and one half blocks south of North Ave. (Route 64) in the City Center of Elmhurst.

Ok, thank's for the info.

Back