Check this out!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I found some SS #40 mesh screen so this is what I did with it.

Attachments

• small max.jpg
    small max.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 300
That looks good Maxx, you may or may not know this but you can cut your grill out and use it there also

Yep, forgot to cut the grill today at work so I'll have to do it tomorrow. Thank for the props!:cool:

I was waiting for someone to ask, :classic: being I work in the marine industry, I come across some cool stuff. This is a two part epoxy call Plexus MA300. Put it this way, when I start breaking stuff like bulkheads and drive shafts i'm gonna fix it with this.
This stuff dries rock hard in about 10 minutes. This stuff isn't even available to the public. But hey, if anyone wants some just pm me.
It is however pretty expensive.

Where did you find the mesh? I have been looking everywhere for it. I want to do some grills for my RS4 3.

BTW it looks really good on your T

Originally posted by NCNitro
Where did you find the mesh? I have been looking everywhere for it. I want to do some grills for my RS4 3.

BTW it looks really good on your T

You could get it from WWW.mcmastercarr.com.
I just happend across it.
I would look awsome on your RS3.
I have about 2 six inch circles left, if this is enough pm me with a address and I will UPS them to you, no charge.( sitting back in my chair like the god father) But some day I might call upon you for a favor! j/k let me know.

that's some clean work, dude. good job!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by FastEddy
Let me know how the mesh holds up after a few Bad a_ss bashing sessions.

It should hold up pretty good, it's not regular screen. It's actualy more like fine grating.

Here is another pic.

Attachments

• maxx 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 165
And aside from how the screen holds up, let us know how the roof holds up. Taking out all the windows takes alot of the structural integrity. But man that looks cool. I think I have another project......

Originally posted by Candyman
And aside from how the screen holds up, let us know how the roof holds up. Taking out all the windows takes alot of the structural integrity. But man that looks cool. I think I have another project......

Structural integrity has been improved, the mesh is way srtonger than the original material.

OK Maxx@million,
By next week we want to see an entire body molded from this wonder-mesh :ha :D

Originally posted by FastEddy
OK Maxx@million,
By next week we want to see an entire body molded from this wonder-mesh :ha :D

If I do decide to do it I won't be molding, I will be cutting panels of mesh to attach to tubular cage. I hope I will have the time this weekend to do it.:D But I have to calculate the W factor.
(wife). She will probably want to do the family thing since it will be raining all week end.

OK, since I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the brightest here, what exactly should we be looking for if we wanted to find this kind of screen? Is there a brand name specifically? Or just SS #4? Just wondering....

Originally posted by Candyman
OK, since I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the brightest here, what exactly should we be looking for if we wanted to find this kind of screen? Is there a brand name specifically? Or just SS #4? Just wondering....

Basicly yes, SS medium #40. no brand.

I'm diggin it!!!! Gives it the 'rough' look that is very warranted on a Maxx!!! Nice work!

Back