Check My Toy....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_m63

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So here's a pic of my first nitro toy. On the second day of use i manage to brake the steering servo, so now is just sitting there for now. Besides is too cold outside to run it.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 134
Looks like a HSP Tornado, or built much the same to it anyway..

Nice truck.. Congrats on your first Truck

Not a HSP--exhaust is on the wrong side. It is a Redcat Landslide (1/8th scale but with small block power). How about giving us a little review of the truck? A lot of guys ask about Redcat products but most of us have never had one.

Yeah, please give a review of the Landslide. I think I'm one of the few Redcat owners on here (Monsoon) and no one seems to believe me when I recommend them :)

This is my mates HSP tornado truck
Rcntpic.jpg

You see the dual shocks with the yellow springs? Redcat!!!

THIS is a HSP Tornado:
iqc6y0.jpg

THIS is a Redcat Volcano:
av4zea.jpg

Looks like your mate has a Redcat Volcano! I rest my case!!!

Besides, the thread starter's rig ISN'T a HSP so why the hell are you arguing with me anyway???

Here is the HSP Tornado chassis in case you still doubt me:

2hp3r7k.jpg

Last edited:
So the one in the first post (that started the thread) is 1/8 scale in size but runs a small block? Weird.

Is it a off brand or non-US? I've seen a few on ebay, but just figured they were a knock off of something like an old duratrax or HPI MT2.

Looks like a fun (but fragile) rig. I like the thought of a larger rig but smaller engine. If for nothing else, the lack of fuel it drinks!

So the one in the first post (that started the thread) is 1/8 scale in size but runs a small block? Weird.

Is it a off brand or non-US? I've seen a few on ebay, but just figured they were a knock off of something like an old duratrax or HPI MT2.

Looks like a fun (but fragile) rig. I like the thought of a larger rig but smaller engine. If for nothing else, the lack of fuel it drinks!

Here is the rig/specs: http://shopping.netsuite.com/c.849850/site/landslide.html

Thanks mang! Thought redcat was a UK based rig. Like we had it here, but rebadged as something else in the UK, like the MGT. Or, rebadged for us here as the MGT... not sure how that one is...

redcat is making a name here. all the red cats chasis look the same its funny.

The Landslide is from Redcat's Ultralite series. They tend to run lighter parts and more inexpensive/older tech components to save on weight and price and are their entry level 1/8ths. All of their "professional" series 1/8ths run big blocks and newer tech. The ultralite's are still pretty sturdy kits but not to the same toughness as their pro "XP" series (Monsoon, Typhoon, Hurricane, and Avalanche) The "entry level" companies like Redcat and Himoto are branching out to their own designs and making a play to get more traction in the mid-tier markets. Redcat just announced a new Monsoon model which has pillow ball suspension and other features you'd expect to see on the Losi/Associated/HB types.

Until late 2007, all models from Himoto, Exceed, and Redcat were rebranded HSP kits. Now Himoto and Redcat are running their own customized designs based on the HSP chassis and made at the same plants as the HSP's but are distinct and separate kits, though many share some common components. Seems they are making a play at the established upper tier players similar to how the Korean car makers are doing to Honda/Toyota. By leveraging cheaper production costs by using the HSP/Chinese manufacturing but maintaining a higher level of quality control they'll start to become bigger names in the RC world. It'll be interesting to see if they pull it off but based on what I've seen in support and response to customer feedback I think they'll manage to do it and surprise people as time goes by.

redcat is making a name here. all the red cats chasis look the same its funny.

True, but so do HPI's MT's and on-roads. My HPI MT and RS4 are 85% the same parts, only some of the drivetrain & suspensions are different. By sharing common components it keeps parts costs down and makes it easier to get third party hop-up support.

those red cats are not fragile they will take a beating and plus more

those red cats are not fragile they will take a beating and plus more

I totally agree.. so does the bumper on my Mazda (see my thread "RC of Steel, Mazda of Kleenex"). The Ultralite's are still very rugged and tough, just not as beefy and tough as the pro series was my main point.

It's not the Monsoon, its the owner! ;)

:ponder:

That explains a lot. You big meanie.

i had my redcat for 3 years and only thaing that went bad was 1st gear on the tranny and i hit curbs and trees

Back