Cheap Decent Hop Ups to Axial Jeep Gladiator 1/24 Build Wide and High + Stronger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
I will start build my Axial 1/24 Jeep Gladiator next month.

Wide and High with cheap hop ups

Here is my List of parts i will order and assemble

SUBTOTAL$130.52
Plus: Shipping & taxes

Any idea of better budget ESC Maybe ?

The aluminum shocks look nice, but so far nothing I have tried works any better than the stock shocks. Other than that your list looks good. :thumbs-up:
Only thing I've found is changing to pen springs "sounds stupid" but they are stiffer but its also a pita to change them
I will start build my Axial 1/24 Jeep Gladiator next month.

Wide and High with cheap hop ups

Here is my List of parts i will order and assemble

SUBTOTAL$130.52
Plus: Shipping & taxes

Any idea of better budget ESC Maybe ?
My question why 50t? Stock is 88t and they are pretty quick i would think a 50t would have issues on technical courses lower the turn faster the motor

you dont need give full throttle all time

check out
this is awsome motor

alot more torque than stock
i will also order
Aluminum Steering Rod Tie Links High-Tightening Link for Axial SCX24
Regular price$6.99
Features:

• Made of high quality metal, solid and durable.
  • Well design and made, prefect high upgrade parts for your RC car.
  • Precision CNC aluminum links reduce the slop in the steering linkage, and help to create a more precise steering assembly.
1_1_7f602312-0fe0-4a1a-9480-9a05621584a8_650x.jpg

i will also order
Regular price$6.99
Features:

• Precision CNC aluminum links reduce the slop in the steering linkage, and help to create a more precise steering assembly.

shocks come with 3 different springs, soft, medium, hard
i will try the soft ones.
There is oil options too, thinner oils

Last edited:
What he is saying is 50t is too fast for an SCX24 in the technical parts of a course. Where you need to go slow. The stock motor being 88t is good in low range, but it really lacks torque.

In this video, this is the PN Racing 90t motor on the stock electronics. Nothing was sped up or slowed down in this video. You will see how slow this motor can crawl in high range. In low range it barely moves, but has enough torque to climb over anything.

The PN Racing motor is the best brushed motor you can get. But you have to use their motor mount and gear set, along with mod the battery tray to mount the motor rearward like the stock motor. I don't recommend mounting it motor forward like the installation manual says because it causes the left side shock tower to rotate during compression of the shock. So mounting it rearward fixes that issue. You just have to flip the motor wires.

And as Doom said, the stock shocks are as good as you're gonna get on these little trucks. If you can get springs for those Injora's that allow full droop, they might be worth trying. But all the double barrel shocks I have seen set the truck up too high. Full droop is where it's at in my opinion, at least in the front. Especially so on these 24's.

Last edited:
you dont need give full throttle all time

check out
this is awsome motor

alot more torque than stock
i will also order
Regular price$6.99
Features:

i will also order
Regular price$6.99
Features:

shocks come with 3 different springs, soft, medium, hard
i will try the soft ones.
There is oil options too, thinner oils
Thats all fine we all have different preferences in driving i prefer a bit of a challenge rather then boringly crawl over everything like its flat surface i just wondered why a 50t i can see in my preferences to if i have a motor that burns up to replace with a better 70-88t because of electrical engine dynamics lower turn higher speed lower kv which equals lower torque higher t lower speed higher kv more torque id rather throw a little weight on
I think the 88t issue really is magnet strength the larger motor has larger magnets which creates a stronger field of power. I think you find with a 80-88t that has larger magnets you will see a world of difference

Last edited:
thank you guys
i have find this in EU , i live in EU

PN RACING – SCX2490 – CRAWLER – High Torque Series 90​

i will order this motor insteath of the Injora
it was cheap, less than 20bucks

50T is way too fast actually now when i think.

Happy you guys help me
PN Racing 90t will be AWSOME in technical courses when i need go real slow, have alot torque

Many thanks to you

This forum is awsome, happy i did this threadh, otherwise i had order wrong motor

Last edited:
@rccar4life i think the easiest thing to remember is
Turn speed is = to hp
Kv = to torque
More kv more torque
Less turn = more speed but you lose umph
And @WickedFog that thing is SLOOOOOW in low range i thought stock was slow holy cow

@rccar4life i think the easiest thing to remember is
Turn speed is = to hp
Kv = to torque
More kv more torque
Less turn = more speed but you lose umph
And @WickedFog that thing is SLOOOOOW in low range i thought stock was slow holy cow

yeah
also the torque depends on how long and big the can is

like these injoras 50t have alot more power than stock 88t because they are longer/bigger

SADLY- PN racing have no motor mounts now. checked everywhere, they are sold out sadly.

I saw that injora has same motor series and mount like the 50t and also 70t now

so it will be between

I will go for that= injora 70t

Because i need order soon

@rccar4life yes if crawling and technical course is the use id nab the 70t youd have a good balance there for a 50t id call that a mud motor or a prerunner motor

The PN racing stuff should be back in stock pretty quickly. I would hold out for that one. It is the best brushed setup you can get for these trucks. And worth every penny.
That video was actually filmed in high range. I never hit full throttle. In low range, it moves very slow, and has a lot more torque than the stock motor. It's a little beast.

The gearset comes with 3 pinions. I believe a 10t, 11t, and a 12t. We put the smallest pinion on it.

Last edited:
The PN racing stuff should be back in stock pretty quickly. I would hold out for that one. It is the best brushed setup you can get for these trucks. And worth every penny.

That video was actually filmed in high range. I never hit full throttle. In low range, it moves very slow, and has a lot more torque than the stock motor. It's a little beast.

The gearset comes with 3 pinions. I believe a 10t, 11t, and a 12t. We put the smallest pinion on it.
Dang.... so snails pass it in low?
Thats all cool man and really your extending your battery life and motor life too lower turns get hotter use more power I'm all for that. i do like the idea of a 70t too maybe if it used a 11-14t it would be a really balanced motor

i will have this 70t to this long wheelbase scx24

PN motor Goes to my coming building with my Hardbody Bronxo SCX24 when everything is in stock.
I have no panic with that build.
i will start my Hardbody Bronco Axial -build in December i believe,

This Bronco will have full metal axles and more things.
My Hard body Bronco i will use it to tow my mini brushless boat also next summer,
i will build one little trailer
RC mini boat is 10inches long only, fast lite cool brushless custon build mini boat.
I believe PN Racing 90 will be best for my Bronco and tow my boat whit and do heavy crawling
with when i dont tow.,
slow but strong i will use 10t pinion

Back