Charger advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anywhere around 3.7v (nominal) is ok. I just use 3.8v because my charger defaults there and I am too lazy to scroll the wheel. And people I know smarter than myself use 3.8v as well 😉

Budget RC? Dunno about you, but for me, nearly $300 (US) isn't exactly budget, for me, half that price and below ($150) is more budget! Maybe it's "budget" when compared to other expensive rigs like an Xmaxx? Don't forget to add your FTX Bugsta to the list of RCs you own (on your profile!)!

The storage charge voltage is a bit of a debate, it seems people consider storage charge anywhere from 3.65v/c to 3.85v/c. I use ~3.75v/c, that gives me a good battery life (like actual charge cycle life), as well as slightly less time to charge to full (versus starting at 3.65v/c, if that makes sense, since if you start at 3.75v/c, then you have a 0.1v/c "jump start"). If you start at 3.8v/c, you'll have an even shorter charge time, but at the cost of slightly lower over all battery charge cycle life.

It's just a hobby though, so if you like 3.85v/c for storage and that's what makes you happy, then go for it! :)
I get what you mean about the budget prices, these are around £200 over here and are one of the cheaper options tbf! A good armma or traxxas will be double that or more!!!
I'm still getting used to this charger and I don't know if I can change the charge voltage amounts, I'll have to mess around with it a bit more!
Anywhere around 3.7v (nominal) is ok. I just use 3.8v because my charger defaults there and I am too lazy to scroll the wheel. And people I know smarter than myself use 3.8v as well 😉
I need to play with my charger more to see if I can change the voltages but at least it's a better charger than the one I had! Gonna be fitting the new Rx and pairing to the original Tx today so I can try and run out the new battery lmao 🤣

I get what you mean about the budget prices, these are around £200 over here and are one of the cheaper options tbf! A good armma or traxxas will be double that or more!!!
I'm still getting used to this charger and I don't know if I can change the charge voltage amounts, I'll have to mess around with it a bit more!

I need to play with my charger more to see if I can change the voltages but at least it's a better charger than the one I had! Gonna be fitting the new Rx and pairing to the original Tx today so I can try and run out the new battery lmao 🤣
Yeah, but perhaps I'm forgetting the whole economy and money rates and stuff like that. I guess stuff is more expensive over there, but I hope you also get paid proportionaly more!

Yeah, but perhaps I'm forgetting the whole economy and money rates and stuff like that. I guess stuff is more expensive over there, but I hope you also get paid proportionaly more!
Haha well average wages for normal working class folk are around £9.30 an hour, 40 hour week so not great tbh bud, and I've tried changing jobs and the middle class don't want us common folk in their jobs seeing how easy they have it so not much chance of anything better! That's why I still crawling around the floor as a self employed mobile mechanic lol 😆

Haha well average wages for normal working class folk are around £9.30 an hour, 40 hour week so not great tbh bud, and I've tried changing jobs and the middle class don't want us common folk in their jobs seeing how easy they have it so not much chance of anything better! That's why I still crawling around the floor as a self employed mobile mechanic lol 😆
Oh, I see!