Charge/Discharge for Bump Box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KryptoRoxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
GOOD NEWS.....I got my charger and it works like a charm for me. I bought a Venom Charger Pro with charge/discharge capabilities....so now it's time for some more questions but these are at least simpler questions to ask. I read the battery maint. thread in the electric R/C but I don't run electric and the info while useful doesn't really apply to me. All I run off of my twin 4500mah Nimh batteries is my bump box. After a day of running these batteries obviously have plenty of power to keep running the bump box for a LONG time (perhaps I went a little overkill on it but oh well). I can even run a single 4500 and get plenty of starts out of it with no trouble. My bump box is the kyosho multi-start with twin 550 motors so it takes a good amount of juice to run. Now for my question. I rarely charge immediately after my running as I clean my car and etc etc before I even think about my batteries. Should I discharge my batteries before I charge them again or should I wait until I know I'm going to go run the car and charge them the day that I am going to run. I run about twice a week.....if I'm lucky but definitely once a week at least. I'm also awaiting a 6v receiver hump pack (I think a 3000mah) but I have the same question about that. Also should I charge my glow plug charger on the Venom or leave it to the wall charger that I have for it. Thanx much for the answers in advance. You guys have given me tons of solid advice and it's helped me quite a bit. I ordered some thick diff fluid (like 150000) for a posi-like feel in the middle and the rear and have some 70000 for the front so that it stays a little more loose. I also got some shock oil to experiment with (if you have any ideas of what I should use in a 10-12lbs inferno then please add that too) so I'm hoping to improve the car overall in handling on a sandy track that is very loose. It might have firmed up a bit with the couple inches of rain we've gotten in the last week but I don't think it has firmed much.

No need to discharge your batteries really. I never have and never will. Always allow them to cool, then top them off, and store them.
What inferno do you have? If you have the big bore shocks that kyosho makes, run a blue spring up front with 700wt Mugen oil. 700 to 800 in the rear with Kyosho red springs. Mugen and Kyosho use a different measurement than Losi, Associated and others. 700 wt is roughly 55 wt. oil inother brands. I found the Mugen oil to be the best. Very consistent and lasts a long time.
I think you either have a typo or you ordered way too damn thick a fluid. A Kyosho truggy will never need more than 20k in the center diff. I always run 7k front, 10K center, and either 3 or 5K in the rear.
Tires are very critical to track performance, in loose sandy conditions you need an aggressive tread pattern.

Actually no it's not a typo.....I'm trying something a friend recommended that I do. He runs a Xray 1/8 buggy with parts from all different brands and he runs 150000 wt. oil in the center front and rear so I figured that I would give it a try. All I have to do if I don't like it is fill it again with something else lol. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the big bore springs but I have blue springs coming and will order the hard ones if these don't work. My buggy is a mix between the Mp 7.5, 777 sp2, and a few MP9 parts lol. I started with a 7.5 and got a few rolling chassis for cheap in the way of a 777sp2 and a mp9....so I have a frankenstein....but it works and it handles ok....just need to tune up the shocks.

Back