Cen GST 7.7 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdxtc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have trying to decide between the associated MGT 8.0 and the losi LST XXL. Well I just saw the CEN GST 7.7 and it looks amazing. The only thing is it seems so cheap price wise compared to the likes of the others. Why is that the associated is almost 900 bucks...are you just paying for the name or is the CEN not as well built as the others?

The CEN might look amazing but its just a big heavy and slow truck. The engine sucks big time too. Plus your LHS probably doesn't carry any parts for any CEN cars.

IMHO I would get either a LST XXL or a Savage x 4.6 because they are both fast,tough,and parts will be easy to get.

whats your opinion on the associated 8.0?

I dont know about your associated 8.0 But stay away from can they are a pain in the A*se

what makes them a pain in the ass

I got a 7.7 and it frikkin rocks mate, not as fast as my aftershock but just as tough. As far as the motor is concerned i've had more probs with my aftershock than my cen. Got a few pics of cen jumping on my other post "I LOVE MY CEN" check it out.
Depends on what sort of car you want and what you you want to do with it ??? JUMP/RACE/BASH. That's why I have several cars, they're all good for different surfaces dirt/bitumen etc. Hope that helps you out dude !!!!!!

I got a 7.7 and it frikkin rocks mate, not as fast as my aftershock but just as tough. As far as the motor is concerned i've had more probs with my aftershock than my cen. Got a few pics of cen jumping on my other post "I LOVE MY CEN" check it out.
Depends on what sort of car you want and what you you want to do with it ??? JUMP/RACE/BASH. That's why I have several cars, they're all good for different surfaces dirt/bitumen etc. Hope that helps you out dude !!!!!!

+1 on that, though I don't own one. My Local Hobby Town USA sells CEN and the peeps who bought them were very pleased with what they bought. Personaly they don't make an electric MT so that's why I don't own one right now. :D

I have trying to decide between the associated MGT 8.0 and the losi LST XXL. Well I just saw the CEN GST 7.7 and it looks amazing. The only thing is it seems so cheap price wise compared to the likes of the others. Why is that the associated is almost 900 bucks...are you just paying for the name or is the CEN not as well built as the others?

where are you looking that the associated is $900?...it's only 449.99 on amainhobbies.com

Back