CD Scratch Removing Service.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys!

My stupid 360 is finally glitched, just in time after the warranty expired. So I have to pay $100 for a new warranty, or look for someone that can fix all the glitches my 360 will have (3Rings, CD Scratching, etc.). Anyways, I scratched my Rock Band disk. I am looking for a scratch repair service, and the cheapest I found was $5 at Scratchmasters. Anybody know any other place that does it good? Please let me know. Thanks!

-Coby

Go to walmart, to the electronics department, and pick up a memorex scratch remover. I have one; it works decently. If I recall right, it was about $18.

Go to walmart, to the electronics department, and pick up a memorex scratch remover. I have one; it works decently. If I recall right, it was about $18.

I think that's the same one I had, it does work pretty good. I haven't used it in a long time, but from what I remember, after using it the disc actually looked like it had more scratches on it but it always fixed the skip.

Yup, or you can try the toothpaste trick; use a little toothpaste and rub in circular motions in the area of the scratch. Make sure to clean the disc thoroughly before giving it a test.

I was thinking about getting one of those cleaners, but last time I had one it made it worse. I was thinking of just sending it out for $5 shipped, since I won't be cleaning any disks for a while, just this one. But I may buy a cleaner in the future if I ever need to clean up lots of disks. Thanks guys!

-Coby

I was thinking about getting one of those cleaners, but last time I had one it made it worse. I was thinking of just sending it out for $5 shipped, since I won't be cleaning any disks for a while, just this one. But I may buy a cleaner in the future if I ever need to clean up lots of disks. Thanks guys!

-Coby

The toothpaste trick works and is cheap (you already have toothpaste.. or at least you should *grin*).

The small abrasives in the toothpaste and a circular rubbing motion will buff out all but the deepest scratches.

The toothpaste trick works and is cheap (you already have toothpaste.. or at least you should *grin*).

The small abrasives in the toothpaste and a circular rubbing motion will buff out all but the deepest scratches.

And it keeps your discs smelling minty fresh :D

i had one of those "disk doctor" ones. it worked pretty good.

Back