Castle sidewinder 4 esc issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I put a new sidewinder 4 esc and 5600kv motor in my smt10 and it's been brutal fast and fun. It did a backflip and now it wont turn on at all. It's been secured so it wasn't flopping around inside the cage. I've tried with fresh packs but it wont turn on at all any suggestions would be great

is it still in warranty?. if not Id check on/off switch..might need a new 1..might have to check inside esc on/off wire solderings.

call them and see .start a RMA return merchandise authorization. Or whatever. Dont touch it till after you talk to them and then dont open it up

I put a new sidewinder 4 esc and 5600kv motor in my smt10 and it's been brutal fast and fun. It did a backflip and now it wont turn on at all. It's been secured so it wasn't flopping around inside the cage. I've tried with fresh packs but it wont turn on at all any suggestions would be great
Wait random question. Did you have to add a external bec to your side winder 4 for it to work? Cause mine did, I’m not sure if it was the esc or my really extremely bad soldering skills that caused it. I want to know cause I might want one for a different car I might get in the future and I don’t wanna go through the hassle of attaching a bec again.

The new ones have an internal bec. Just soldered a plug on and it was ready to set to the reciever. Super simple as well. Just plug it in turn the remote on turn the esc on go to full throttle wait for it to blink red go to full reverse wait for it to blink orange and go to neutral and your set

20200906_131439.jpg