Castle link torque control?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm trying to limit the torque on my mamba monster. I go into the power tab and at the bottom is the torque control options with a checkbox that says "perform motor test". Some instructions pop up but they are somewhat vague and I can't get this motor test to happen regardless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:\

Try this:

Connect ESC to car with power OFF, turn on radio and calibrate like you would when you first set up your radio. (full throttle - full reverse - neutral)

Once finished with calibration hold full throttle for 3-5 sec. and it will run the test, (my yellow light did not flash like directions say) if you did it correctly motor will shut down on its own. turn off power reconnect to CL and check Torque Test and it should say test completed or something to that effect. Check the print preview and it will list your current Kv rating for the motor.

Go back into power and set the Torque Limiter to where you want and click update.

---------- Post added at 7:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:12 PM ----------

And make sure all your software/firmware is updated

Ok, I never did any calibration when it was new but I'll try it. Thanks I'll let you know how it went.
I'm just sick of the massive torque these things have, it's not fun anymore. I want some control with my 55 mph.

Got it!!

Thank you A-13 for the help. I had my engine set at 75% and it would not do the test. After setting my engine back to 100% it worked just fine. I gotta say with 50% punch control, 5.0 on the torque, 75% power, and the lowest timing I'm quite happy with the results. I just finished having fun with my embe, because even though it was fun at first it just wasn't very controllable.

Thanks again for helping me with my engine tuning :rolex::rolex::rolex::rolex:

I didn't know how to adjust the torque until just the other day, I saw it posted elsewhere. I set mine to 8.0, and I think I need to adjust it just a tad more, I need to be able to loosen it up to throw it around corners, but keep the torque down for launching out of corners.

I'm gonna experiment with mine a little more, but 5.0 gives me those nice rolling wheelies like a picco 26 motor on a maxx.

Back