castle link and punch control adjustment...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I could of swore it was in my settings now I don't see it... so how do I adjust it. I'm tired of breaking the beveled pinion in my rear end of my savage flux HP...

hmm.. I don't see where it is on pc software....

---------- Post added at 8:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:15 PM ----------

ok nevermind... I had to update the updates...... apparently I was using firmware 1.39 beta....

looks like vers. 1.24 has punch control and vers 1.39 beta doesn't...

Last edited:
I notice from Google pics there is a power tab on the castle link software. What firmware version has it? 1.39 beta and 1.24 that I got don't show a power tab...

which esc is yours an operating system running on computer?
my mamba max was easiest to get too, esc filmware is 1.39 beta an castle link V3.53.11
but just updated link to latest 3.54.00 but no filmware update for mm shall see if has for mmp & sidewinder when get those chassis's out, displays all settings.

IMG-20130523-00736_zps97e1352a.jpg

Last edited:
Windows 8. Also its the savage flux HP ESC. Flux blur which is what I read same as the monster mamba...

Windows 8. Also its the savage flux HP ESC. Flux blur which is what I read same as the monster mamba...

That is why!! HPI does not give us everything that castle does. HPI only shows 2 version updates but if it was a true Mamba monster there would be a bunch more and more controls! So with the HPI blur you loose the latest updates, punch control, (only with the latest 1.39 version but can get it back go back to 1.24) Torque limiting, max reverse throttle, and the save profile/load profile. There mite be more you loose i havent found yet tho. I just talked to castle today! the first time they wouldn't say anything but to call HPI. so i called HPI to figure this out and they said they had no clue and call castle. haha so i did i called castle again and FINALLY talked to some one that said HPI says what you do and don't get in the ESC branded as HPI. So it seems to be true because why would castle not give you all there stuff just because it says HPI on it? you can't pay them to get all of castle settings. I tried that and they said it could be done but by that time i mite aswell buy a real mamba monster. I guess HPI Has there own chip inside the blur and thats how HPI controls it to there liking. So atlest one of the 2 companys is not allowing all the controls and by the sounds of it i believe it is probably HPI.

EDIT: Maybe the programing card will give us punch control back with the new version 1.39? IDK some one try it and see what happens :)

I could of swore it was in my settings now I don't see it... so how do I adjust it. I'm tired of breaking the beveled pinion in my rear end of my savage flux HP...

I never broke any diffs in my HP and did back flips constantly on pavement. Never turned it down never ran on any less than 6s. Sounds like you need to shim the diff.

The punch control is under version 1.24 revert back to it and punch control will be back. Really all the way around 1.24 is the better one because now the only other one is 1.39 witch has a issue of having its own punch control that you can't adjust! It really ruins the fun of the flux for me :( so i went back to 1.24 and left punch set to disabled :)