castle creations usb programmer ?'s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeezy9183

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, i finally got my flux today and it is a blast! after i ran it for the first time i decided to download and install the castle link software. when i did, i tried to open it, i got an error message saying unable to connect to database. i went on the website and downloaded the software that they said to download when that error message came up and even after that it's still doing the same thing. has anyone else had this same error message? if so how did you guys resolve the issue? thanks a bunch

Were you able to fully install the program?

yes i got it fully installed with the icons on my desktop but when i double click it to open it, the error message comes up. it says unable to connect to database. i've uninstalled it and installed it multiple times. i woulda called castle creations and spoke to someone, but their business hours are 9 to 5 and it was already after 5. any thoughts?

See if there's an option on the disk or in "My programs" then the Castle program, to connect from there. You might also try right clicking the icon to see what your options are.

i didn't get the cd with the program on it. i had to download it from the site and install it myself. and whatever i do, it doesn't work. i can go into the properties when i right click it and change the compatibility mode. i can choose to run the program in combatibilty mode for windows 95, windows 98/ windows me, windows nt 4.0 (service pack 5) and windows 2000. when i try windows 95 and windows 98/ windows me, nothing comes up, but when i try the last two the same error message comes up. i'll try calling them tomorrow, because i read on the website that numerous people have trouble using the software with windows xp, and that's what i have.

Okay, I was about to suggest you run in in compatibility mode for XP, since that's what always runs faulty programs on Vista.
Good luck.

thanks a lot. i'll let everyone know what i find out. I know i'm not the first with this problem and i know i won't be the last. thanks for the quick responses!!!

If you are running it on Vista or Windows 7, Download it and run the install as Administrator (right click the EXE file and choose "Run As Administrator") or it won't install properly.

uninstall it completely...use add/remove from your control panel....find the folders it installed under your C drive and clean it out of your registry.sounds like whatever database manager it's using didn't make the links it needed to on the install....I use XP adn never had any issues with it....

It installs fine on XP without anything special. Vista and Win7 changed the game with "Administrator" crap. Now you need to install some programs while logged in as Administrator....or bare minimum running them as Administrator. They locked down a LOT of crap by default now.

Run As Administrator saves a lot of face now ;-)

so i just tried to download and install the program on an older dell laptop i got (got it in 2002) and it worked fine. lol i don't know why the newer laptop didn't let it work properly. ohh well, i got it working and i can't wait to mess with these settings. thanKS for all the input guys. keep up the great Work!

If you look on their download page it has a link for vista/windows 7 users on how to install it.

Last edited:
neither of my laptops have windows vista or 7. it's all good tho. i got it working, so mission accomplished! now if i could only figure out this graph thing. it's supposed to automatically come up when i plug the esc into the computer right?

You need to make sure that the power switch is in the on position and the battery is disconnected. I know this from painful personal experience.

i've tried that too and it's still not coming up. what's the correct order for bringing it up properly?

Back