Carbon Fiber

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So whats everyones thought on the carbon fiber chassi, Junk? Really wanna know how tough it is for racing? I do see they include v armor for the beatings on the bottom. But if u hit something with a slight bit of force is it gonna smash to pieces?

They're way too fragile for anything but a shelf-queen. I've actually seen two cracked. One was after a bashing session and the other was at a race track.

Don't know bout the Vantage revo chassis. But used to race on road at local club track had two maxx rigs. Both used real carbon fiber chassis. One a proline brand and the other not sure. I can tell you the proline one was tough.

For bashing I don't think it is a great idea. For racing you definitely remove some weight though

the reason I'm asking is cause we have had a couple bent chassis lately. The bend and the air cleaner gets chewed up in the spur. Any way to beef up the chassi so this doesn't happen? And without adding a ton of weight?

Practice landing your rig better to avoid bent chassis's? For the air filter, you can also follow our Cold Air Intake tutorial. :D

The racer was using the Vantage chassis.

i would think carbon fiber would have a good bit of flex in it.

I've actually got one - Vantage CF Chassis.

Because of the shape of the chassis there is no flex at all.

If you have a decent stack, yeah, it might crack/shatter - but the bulkheads increase the strength - so it's very unlikely.

I reckon you are just as, if not more likely to bend a alloy chassis - they are made out of cr*p material and are extremely soft and flexible.

Weight saving - yeah a bit I guess.

Performance improvements - the Vantage CF chassis (which is what I have) moves the steering servo as far forward as it possibly be.

Is it worth it on a basha - nope

Would it make a big difference to a racer - not really

Will it shatter/break easily - nope

Does it look cool - yep!

Is that enough of a reason to buy one? Well that's upto you to decide.

Practice landing your rig better to avoid bent chassis's? For the air filter, you can also follow our Cold Air Intake tutorial. :D[ it wasn't really the landing that did it. It was a foreign object! but as far as that cold air tutorial can I use the filter end from a motorsaver on the traxxas exhaust pipe or do I need to buy the hpi air filter?

Back