Carb sticks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfing Monkey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I release the throttle the carb only slides back half way. I have to push it back in with my finger. Has anyone else had this problem? What do I need to fix this? The truck is almost brand new.

Thanks
Len

Is there a spring on that throttle linkage?

One of the other things is to make sure that the ball cup linkage that attaches to the throttle on the car is as close to a true 90 degrees as possible. Any side force apllied can cause it to stick.

KNow what I mean?

I had that happen to mine, but i didnt happen untill i had a gallon or so through the motor. All i did was take the carb off and soak it in carb cleaner, it was amazing how much crap came out of it.

akmadmaxx, did it fix your sticky carb? that was the Q that surfing monkey asked? I've heard of several 2.5's carb sticking. Could be dirt in the carb, linkage wrong or bent, servo, in my case it was the piece of crap carb on the 2.5. as the saying goes, "been there done that" and that applies to everythihg I tried to do to fix mine, (stalling, wouldn't idle, sticking carb, done everything to fix it and never did. richened and leaned so much it wasn't funny. The fix, "(drum roll please)....
Switched to the O.S. 10d carb!! fixed everything. worked so well my brother and some friends got one too and now all we do is adjust to the ambient temp and weather and off we go.

Surf Monkey,

I would check and re-check the linkage. Take the air filter off and look down the carb while you work the throttle trigger on the TX. Watch the linkage carefully and you may see it sticking somewhere. Also, the ball cup could be binding or mis-aligned.

Do you have the linkage set up properly? There is a built-in throttle return spring, which will exert pressure to close the throttle when the servo returns to neutral position. Is that on there and adjusted correctly?

If this doesn't work I'd take off the carb and check open/close action by hand to see if it's smooth. If it is sticking, then you gotta clean it, or replace it.