capacitor on receiver.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroR/C

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I ask your opinion on this: is it really a good thing to put a filter capacitor on the 2.4GHz TX receiver nitro rc car?

On normal radio system power supply of 2 digital servos with LiPo or NiMh.
RCE2474-2__82083.jpg
This is the Racers Edge Glitch Buster Power Capacitor. These can be plugged into any open channel on your receiver to help reduce glitching caused by radio interference on your RC car, truck, or buggy. Compatible with Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, Traxxas, and all other surface radio systems with a standard 3-pin receiver connection.

you can call it what you want that cap is to help a unload bec keep its voltage to rx for very short time only as in microseconds

Only if you're getting issues with electrical noise interfering with your receiver, otherwise it's probably fine. It was more an issue with old brushed ESC's & motors.

Most ESC's have caps on their input and the output of the BEC, so there's probably not much ripple left to smooth out.

thanks for the replies... some time ago I was using a self-built one because it was recommended to me, this was for 2000 mf. 16 volt low ESR.

This is to address a "Brown-Out" where Savox servos are notorious for being extremely inefficient servos and pull more current than Castle Creations ESC's could provide with their BEC's and was a common fix for those 2 combinations of electronics. Chances are if you run any other brand of servo/ESC combination then you won't need the glitch buster ;)

this was marketed by Slowvac(novak) due to there junky esc ,,

understood thanks again, but then on the futaba receiver with hitec servos and rc car nitro it would be useless.. only if there is radio jamming.

understood thanks again, but then on the futaba receiver with hitec servos and rc car nitro it would be useless.. only if there is radio jamming.
Capacitors only smooth out voltage ripple or minor voltage sag. It does nothing for radio interference.

Back