Can't get carburetor back on to hpi 4.6 engine!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdonahue85

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, I am in the process of sealing my engine and I am unable to get my carburetor back on. I don't think it's being held up by the locking pin but I guess I'm not sure. Should it take a lot of force to push it back on? It seems like its getting hung up before even reaching the locking pin. I've tried putting it back on without the locking pin in but it still wont go in. Do i just need to use some more force or maybe even a vice? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Fit will be snug, but should still slide right on. Check for burrs on the carb neck and inside the housing opening.

You could use some fuel or ARO on the neck to lubricate it before trying to install.

Under no circumstances should you have to use a mechanical device to install a carb.

Last edited:
Fit will be snug, but should still slide right on. Check for burrs on the carb neck and inside the housing opening.

You could use some fuel or ARO on the neck to lubricate it before trying to install.

Under no circumstances should you have to use a mechanical device to install a carb.

Thanks Robmob, it did have some burrs around the inside of the housing. After cleaning them off and a little lube it went in without a problem. Thanks again!!

---------- Post added at 3:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:36 PM ----------

When you had it out, did something happen that might have caused it to go out of round?

That was the first thing I thought but I didn't have any problem getting it out. I was able to get it in after cleaning the inside of the housing and using some lube. Thanks for the help!!

Back