Can some one hlep thanks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro rc new

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi bought a kyosho from ebay brand new, i have inserted the nitro 16% in put the glow plug in no luck at all, tried pulling the string to start the engine, it seems to stick and the pull seems very hard and not smooth at all, this is my first nitro car, any advise would be highly appreciated, thanks.

-----------------------------------------

age 15

name waqar aslam

Try using a heat gun or hair dryer and heat the engine block to around 200 degrees. It will cause the sleeve to expand and make starting much easier.

You can also loosen the glow plug slightly to ease some of the compression. Be sure to tighten it once you get it started.

Good luck.

Yeah, the pull start will be like that. As robmob said, use a hairdryer on the engine or loosen the glow plug.

Wear a glove as well. Pull start blisters don't take long to develop.

cheers il do that tomorow, is this good info to some one emailed it to me

Its normal for the engine to be tight when its new , i take it you know you have to run the engine in.
i also take it you are putting a charged glow ignitor on the glow plug, a good test to make sure this is working is to remove the glow plug and put it on the ignitor, if the plug glows its working.next you need to remove the rubber tube that goes to the exhaust and blow down it ,you will see fuel run from the tank to the engine.Put the tube back on the exhaust .With the plug still out cover the exhaust with your finger and pull the the pull sart , you should see fuel come out of the plug hole, you now now fuel is in the engine. Put the plug back in loosely one or two turns .With the plug loose the engine should be easier to turn over , put your glow stick on the plug and pull away rapidly, with a bit of patience it should start.Also heating the engine before starting with a hair drier will help.Dont forget to tighten up the plug when the engine fires up.

Put the tube back on the exhaust .With the plug still out cover the exhaust with your finger and pull the the pull sart , you should see fuel come out of the plug hole, you now now fuel is in the engine.

I was with the guy until I got to this... If you get to the point where you see fuel being pumped into the engine, it's so flooded that your screwed.

Do as he suggested, but only blow on the pressure line until you see the fuel reach the carb. You will hear a little "squish" sound as the fuel hits the carb. Stop blowing. Put the pressure line back on the pipe, then follow the rest of his instructions.

In addition, it's also a good idea to take out the glow plug and rotate the crankshaft while watching the piston move up and down through the glow plug hole. When it's at it's further most down position (bottom dead center - BDC), mark the flywheel as a reference with a permanent marker. Then as you run tanks of fuel through the engine, when you shut the engine down, rotate the flywheel until the mark is in the reference spot so you know the piston is at BDC for the cool down cycle. This helps the sleeve to shrink back down and will help prolong engine life if you make it a practice to do this every time you run throughout the life of the engine.

EDIT:
Guess that was a lot for an addition...

Do I blow into the fuel tube (The returning one) or through the exhaust pipe? My LHS told me a long time ago (When I got my first RC) to blow through the exhaust.

Blow through the fuel line that is attached to the pipe. Don't blow into the pipe...

Make sure when your trying to start it, you only pull the pullstart in short pulls, maybe 10" out. Most new to the hobby feel they need to pull it way out, and end up holding the string after a few pulls...

Fuel to the carb
Good glow ignitor
and a few short pulls is all it takes....
Good luck...

thanks guy iv got my engine started.

Back