can i use the EZ start in other trucks other than traxxas cars and trucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animeweeb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
hey guys i was wondering if you can put an EZ start system into the Losi 8IGHT 1/8 Truggy or just anyother truck

The Losi 8ight uses the starter box Here
alright thanks i was thinking about a starter box but i can't carry it around that's why i was trying to go with the EZ start system and for drills starts i can't carry around a drill either because i'll have to keep whatever the starter is in my pocket and i don't want a pull start ik tamiya use to have a electric starter too back then

Pull start is better IMO. Nothing to carry other then glow lighter

yeah pull start is great but there is just something about the EZ start that when the engine fires up it's like super exciting about it idk why

The best setup. Just watch your knuckle around the cooling head.

More then likely the starter spins the motor a little faster than pull.

What I find to help the pull start, put the piston at top dead center, then pull. It seems starting from the bottom causes it to lose momentum.

Another thing on pull start, I find blowing through the exhaust line to the tank. This causes pressure that pushes fuel the carb, you can see if you have transparent lines. Thats how I prime and start my nitros.

Last edited:
AFAIK youd have to find an engine with the same exact back plate and OWB in order for you to be able to install the EZ start on that engine. Someone could correct me here as I've not messed with an EZ start in over a decade but I believe that is correct.

AFAIK youd have to find an engine with the same exact back plate and OWB in order for you to be able to install the EZ start on that engine. Someone could correct me here as I've not messed with an EZ start in over a decade but I believe that is correct.
Correct. Also one way bearing outer diameter, and inside diameter. My old hpi .15, purple cooling head not the t15, has a owb slightly larger than traxxas. I think the crank is a tad thicker.
Might be able to rig it with one or two screws, dont advise it.

thanks for the info it seems like the only engines that can run the EZ start are the Traxxas ones or the dynamite O.S and other replacement engines for traxxas

alright thanks i was thinking about a starter box but i can't carry it around that's why i was trying to go with the EZ start system and for drills starts i can't carry around a drill either because i'll have to keep whatever the starter is in my pocket and i don't want a pull start ik tamiya use to have a electric starter too back then
A lot of guys carry their equipment in a nice duffle bag or a little wagon of some sort. I use a tool box that holds all of my stuff.

Correct. Also one way bearing outer diameter, and inside diameter. My old hpi .15, purple cooling head not the t15, has a owb slightly larger than traxxas. I think the crank is a tad thicker.
Might be able to rig it with one or two screws, dont advise it.
Yup i did a little research and it seems like only the 3.3 engine or the .19 dynamite replacement works
Post automatically merged:

A lot of guys carry their equipment in a nice duffle bag or a little wagon of some sort. I use a tool box that holds all of my stuff.
thanks for the tip i think i might bring a backpack along so i can carry all the tools

That works also. Anything to make it easier.
Only complaint I have is carrying my heavy 1/5 scale baja out to the truck.. ;)

A bit pricey, but I use jconcepts shortcourse backpack. I think its 70, but fits crasler and short course. Tmaxx might fit to get an idea of the size. But this is for hiking biking and the like for hands free.