Can i use 4 NIMH batteries instead of four alkaline.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajames942

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wonder in stead of payin 10 for a pack or 20 duracell alkaline can i use rechargable nimh batteries for my reviever on my t-maxx?

ok thanks but another thing i heard 4 nimh only put or 1.2 volts so 1.2times4=4.8 and i thought i needed 6.0 volts?

I think you're correct, alkalines put out 1.5, which is 6 volts for 4 of them. I believe you have to go to a 5 cell rechargeable pack if you go with NiMh. Not sure if that will work or not, if you try it, I'd be sure to have a fail-safe and a throttle return spring on the rig.

Last edited:
thanks mrclean, i might as well get the hump pack

Yeah, definitely worth it. You will also see a definite change in your servo performance!

thanks mrclean, i might as well get the hump pack

Anytime. My LST is the same way, just ordered the hump pack for it today. Got tired of feeding that beast AA's. The TX takes 8 and the truck takes 4, the TX eats them like a kid in a candy store. :hehe:

You guys that are running AA's need to get a hump pack immidiately. I think I gave $12 for my first hump pack with a charger, and it was ofna, brand new. It will really save a lot of money in the long run. If you're not running nimh in your transmitters, check out fast eddy. I just bought 32 of his AA batteries for almost nothing, his prices are insane. The batteries are awesome, I just wen through a hurricane and I couldn't believe how long they lasted in my flashlights.

The receiver/servos will operate ok on the 4.8v, but you lose some speed/torque output on the sevo. Possibly some range on the receiver.

+1 for a hump pack, saves a bundle in a short time and maintains a higher voltage for a longer time for better performance.