can i replace the silicone coupler for my pipe with a diff coupler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
hello, i have a savage x 4.6 and i recently got the hpi aluminum tuned pipe because my old plastic pipe broke. i have it connected to the header with a silicome coupler but i have some doubts on the coupler that it leaks etc, i feel like the coupler is too long and that my header and pipe arent sealed to the best of there ability. i have seen that some better pipes have some type of screw on or metal coupler that they use.

do you guys know of any coupler that i can use on my pipe to replace the silicone coupler?

thx

You can get what they call a 1 piece tuned pipe, there are many options depending if you are looking for more top end, mid range or more bottom end. However I have used the silicone coupler on my savage ss with the ribbed pipe for many years with no issues. Just make sure you get the coupler with the grooves for zip ties. If you already have a new pipe I would just get a good silicone coupler. A good tuned can cost $100+

Attachments

• 20210106_131708.jpg
    20210106_131708.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 60
The grooved couplers are the best but I've just used zip ties around a generic coupler before and it worked just fine too

Back