Can I install my stock Savage XS motor and esc into my Arrma Granite Mega 4x4?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveydnj

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I’m not in the market to buy a new motor and esc. Do you know if my equipment (brushless flux motor and esc) from my HPI Savage XS will fit and work in my Arrma Granite Mega 4x4? Granite has a brushed motor currently and it’s not doing it for me! Let me know if you know! Or what you think! Thanks!

DaveyD.

The electronics will fit but I'm not sure if the MEGA rigs have all metal diff gears and CVDs that can hold up to brushless power.

Good point GW. The Mega versions are bone stock and parts will be destroyed running brushless set up.
I bought the Typhon Mega just to see what it can do. I smoked a lot of parts running the brushless system but is now capable of running the system.
@daveydnj , as @Greywolf74 mentioned, a it will fit but be prepared to upgrade everything else.
The Armma Mega versions are designed for a entry level rigs. No doubt fun but without upgrades, they break often.

The electronics will fit but I'm not sure if the MEGA rigs have all metal diff gears and CVDs that can hold up to brushless power.
Damn wasn’t thinking about that smh Makes sense it wouldn’t! Thanks! Guess I’ll save up some cash lol or just sell the Granite oooooh

Back