Can a servo saver be put back together?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
my nitro stampede has a servo saver that looks like this. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4p?&I=KIMC0124

Today I was running it and I noticed that the steering would "center" in different positions sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right. I took the servo saver off because the spring looked like it was starting to pop out. I took it apart and the spring flew out. I am now having one heck of a time trying to put the spring back in. Is it even possible to get the spring back in? I put one end in, the other end pops out and vice versa. Any tricks to getting it back together? I am about ready to just buy a new one because it is starting to frustrate me.

One that link you gave don't work but the answer to your question is as long as none of it is actually broke you should be able to put it back together but there has got to be a reason it started coming apart.What ever you do don't eliminate the servo saver.:D

One that link you gave don't work but the answer to your question is as long as none of it is actually broke you should be able to put it back together but there has got to be a reason it started coming apart.What ever you do don't eliminate the servo saver.:D

maybe this will work http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=SERVO+SAVER&search=Go Its the round one at the top. Inside is a spring and not matter how I try to hold the spring in place the get the top cover on it shoots out the side.

There probaly assembled it with a fixture or special tool at the factory.For how little they cost i would just get a new one.Your gona spend more on asprin!:p:

There probaly assembled it with a fixture or special tool at the factory.For how little they cost i would just get a new one.Your gona spend more on asprin!:p:

I think I just needed to walk away from it for awhile and come back. I did that and on the second try it snapped back together. :first_place: I will take your advise and get a spare though as I am sure it will break eventually

I think I just needed to walk away from it for awhile and come back. I did that and on the second try it snapped back together. :first_place: I will take your advise and get a spare though as I am sure it will break eventually

Persistance pays!!!!!!!!!!:D