!!! Calling All New York Racers !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb4343

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Looking for a place to race your Nitro or Electric 1/10th Sedan, 1/8th Nitro, or 1/5th Scale car on Long Island? Come down to the Ronkonkoma Train Station on Sunday's for some racing! Their is a guy who sets up a really nice track using RoadRails and RoadDomes on a nicely paved parking lot. He charges $10 for the whole day!! He even blows the track clean and sprays soda on it for extra traction. He comes with spare parts for some of the most popular cars, so if you break something your day won't have to end.

Think you have the fastest car around and your driving skills are second to none? Well come show off what you've got. He has a full set of transponders and a computer with lap counting software. If enough people show up he'll start holding organized races with individual classes. It will most likely be $15-$25 to race with the money going to first, second and third place. Last year he had 40 to 50 people every Sunday so you can imagine how big the prizes were! Its been a little slow this year, so I'm trying to get more people to come down and race. I just bought a NTC3 and would hate to see the ONLY outdoor onroad track on Long Island close up.

Hope to see you there!

PS. The Ronkonkoma Train Station is off of exit 60 on the LIE. Make a right at the light and go over the train tracks. Take the exit after the tracks to the south parking lot.

Last edited:
I usually go up to Middletown on Sundays to race at Prospeed. I will check this place out. A lot closer but because of my sponsorship, I am obligated to go to Prospeed as much as possible. I'll check it out on the 25th since prospeed has cancelled their trophy race.

Does this guy have a website or contact info? I would like to know more info on how he likes to run his operation ... ie classes, restrictions & what he considers "Popular cars"

Glad your interested!

Hmmm...Website? I don't think so.

His name is Tommy and he owns American Hobbies in Ronkonkoma along with his partner Kevin. I don't have the number off hand. When I see him on Sunday I'll try to get as much info for you as possible. I'll even get a number for you so you can call him yourself.

I do know, right now, they havn't been running heats yet because of the smaller than expected turnouts. He ran them last year when they had 40-50 people each Sunday. They run 1/10th Nitro Sedan (NTC3's, Mugens, RS4's etc), 1/8th Nitro (Serpents, Mugens etc.) and 1/5th Scale. They setup the track at 10:00am and depending on the turnout is when they pack up. Its usually between 4:00 and 6:00 right now. Last year they would race till 8:00pm.

Hope this helps a little. When I get more infor I'll post it.

Hey Diver6127,

I got some info for you.

Here is American Hobbies phone number: (631)467-7768
You can ask for Tommy or Kevin. Their both really nice guys and I'm sure they'll answer any questions you have.

THanks KB. Weather permitting as well as if I can get my car running correctly, I will be there one of these sundays.

What LI needs is a really good off road buggy/MT track. I think I might have to buy a NTC3... hmmmm. I think I would like to take a spin by and watch. I like to watch... LOL :devious:

sLY

LI Raceway in Farmingdale is an awesome indoor off-road buggy and stadium truck track. To bad they only run electrics there. :shrug:

South Shore Hobbies in Coram is having the grand opening of their off-road outdoor track this Sunday! www.southshorehobby.com

They're running:
Electric 1/10th scale truck and buggy
Nitro 1/10th stadium truck
Monster truck (T & E Maxx, REVO, LST, MGT and the like)
Mini-T

I might take my Savage down their this Sunday after I run my NTC3 at the train station track.

Nitro on-road is a lot of fun! You should buy yourself a NTC3 and come have a blast!

Here are some pics of the Track at Ronkonkoma.

RC%20Car%20Track%20(7)%20800x600.JPG

RC%20Car%20Track%20(8)%20800x600.JPG

RC%20Car%20Track%20(1)%20800x600.JPG

Nice layout. I take it that they don't put up flex board around the perimeter of the track. I will give them a call to get more information.

Hey Diver when are you going back to prospeed ? I am really anxious to see what my cars can do against real competition. A few of us are gonna hit the track in Jersey next month.

Aim-- Remymotorsports

Last edited:
Remy said:
Hey Diver when are you going back to prospeed ? I am really anxious to see what my cars can do against real competition. A few of us are gonna hit the track in Jersey next month.

Aim-- Remymotorsports

I will be there August first. Gotta get into the points race, but most of all I just wanna race. I may be taking a few of the club members up there sometime in August so they too can get a taste of racing. They have never been to a race and a few of them have just picked up the new Factory team kit. I will keep you informed but if do make it up there, I will be the one in the green canopy, flying the NYC Hobbies banner.

BTW, my AIM is acting up so you can also reach me on Yahoo (Diver61270).

Watch out for Frank!

was that very nice Diver? U should have love for the new drivers - not jokes! LOL

PS I was not talking about the type of love that is shown in the WOODS.

Pattyfingers said:
was that very nice Diver? U should have love for the new drivers - not jokes! LOL

PS I was not talking about the type of love that is shown in the WOODS.

AWWWWWWWWWW, you know it's all good. Just gotta make sure Marc T's wife isn't driving her savage when we're runing. She likes to use our onroads as obstacles!

kb4343 said:
LI Raceway in Farmingdale is an awesome indoor off-road buggy and stadium truck track. To bad they only run electrics there. :shrug:

I called them up and they run nitro in the summer but not in the winter because the ventlation system will suck out all the heat with the nitro fuems :cheers:

In the summer, they open the roll up doors.
Still burns your throat a little...

Back