Buy online of LHS?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclop3000

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello all. Since we're selling the house and I am buying my wife a nice vacation down south, I am allowed to spend a good chunk of money on whatever I want...and i'm thinking of buying a 5T.

I've read other posts on what's better, 5B ss or 5T etc. and I have to admit I am sold to the 5T. Never seen anybody around here with 1/5th scale, so that would be for bashing not racing.

Anyways to my question...where did you guys buy your Bajas? Is it better to buy LHS or did you get it ordered from an online store? I have this problem where...well, I live in Canada LOL, so shipping might be hard on me from the states, unless some stores ship for free since it's an expensive piece.

Anyways, just looking for some advice or maybe a link or two to check for possibilities. I've never had 1/5th and there might be stores I don't know that deserve this scale better. I don't really trust LHS around here, they know less than I do in RC and that's bad, believe me hehe.

Ok thanks, sorry for the lame question :D

Hello all. Since we're selling the house and I am buying my wife a nice vacation down south, I am allowed to spend a good chunk of money on whatever I want...and i'm thinking of buying a 5T.

I've read other posts on what's better, 5B ss or 5T etc. and I have to admit I am sold to the 5T. Never seen anybody around here with 1/5th scale, so that would be for bashing not racing.

Anyways to my question...where did you guys buy your Bajas? Is it better to buy LHS or did you get it ordered from an online store? I have this problem where...well, I live in Canada LOL, so shipping might be hard on me from the states, unless some stores ship for free since it's an expensive piece.

Anyways, just looking for some advice or maybe a link or two to check for possibilities. I've never had 1/5th and there might be stores I don't know that deserve this scale better. I don't really trust LHS around here, they know less than I do in RC and that's bad, believe me hehe.

Ok thanks, sorry for the lame question :D

well i'm in canada to but in ontario and i have a great lhs if they sold it to you they'll fix it for free so most of the time i go there to support them but if i'm making really expensive purchases i usually go online because its a lil cheaper

I've always been a big believer in supporting your local guys before going online. If you have a local hobby shop that carries them then I'd go there, not only will you be supporting your local guy but a place to go in person should you have any questions.

If you don't have a LHS or one that doesn't carry them then you should check out Davesmotors.com as they do carry the Baja SS and 5T. You can also check out RCNT's sister site www.LargeScaleForums.com for more information about the Baja and even a coupon code for daves motors.

-Michael

Wow 5% off, on a pricey rig that's a great deal thanks Woodie!

Oh and MGT8 I could drive to Thunder Bay, but the drive would be about 15 hours...ouch too far, especially for service ;) Darn sometimes I wish i'd be in the US, so much simpler.

I do have one LHS that says they have a 5T in stock, but they are the ones I don't really trust from experience therefore I would rather come on this site for advice rather than asking them.

Thanks for the tips!

Wow 5% off, on a pricey rig that's a great deal thanks Woodie!

Oh and MGT8 I could drive to Thunder Bay, but the drive would be about 15 hours...ouch too far, especially for service ;) Darn sometimes I wish i'd be in the US, so much simpler.

I do have one LHS that says they have a 5T in stock, but they are the ones I don't really trust from experience therefore I would rather come on this site for advice rather than asking them.

Thanks for the tips!

why do you think that i'm probobly taking a u.s. citezen ship test so i can move down there and be apart of that totaly awsome country:D

I've always been a big believer in supporting your local guys before going online. If you have a local hobby shop that carries them then I'd go there, not only will you be supporting your local guy but a place to go in person should you have any questions.

If you don't have a LHS or one that doesn't carry them then you should check out Davesmotors.com as they do carry the Baja SS and 5T. You can also check out RCNT's sister site www.LargeScaleForums.com for more information about the Baja and even a coupon code for daves motors.

-Michael

i just registered over at LSF looks exactly the same as this lol...are you the admin over there to??

Last edited:
Back