Burshless ESC with two T-connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ribka

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am new here, so greetings to you all!

And ofcourse there's a question! :)

I own a JLB Cheetah and love it. It is built well and quite fast.

So it comes with two lipo's (see picture, the one on the right x2). They are 4000mAh, 11.1V 30C. I recently bought a HRB 5000mAh, 14.8V 50C (the one on the left).

Also bought a Cheetah roller for parts, but decided i was gonna build two Cheetah's an d ordered electronics for it. Everything fine and works so far. Last thing i needed was an ESC, so ordered one from AliExpress (see other photo). It's a 150Amp brushless ESC.
I checked for the T-connector, size etc. but didn't see that it has 2 cables with T-connectors which are connected in series.
Since i have no experience with this, because the original ESC that came with the Cheetah onnly has 1 T-cable/connector, i just plugged in the 4000mAh lipo. Nothing.
After a while i plugged in the other 4000mAh to the other connector and everything came to life and works!

The problem is, the Cheetah wasn't built to hold two lipo's. I know with some creativity i can stack'em or something and get'em in, but i want to run it with 1 lipo, not 2.

So question is. is this possible? Can the 2 T-cables/connectors in some way be connected so that it will work with 1 lipo? because right now it doesn't.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rienk

Attachments

• esc.jpg
    esc.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 80
  • lipos.jpg
    lipos.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 54
Hi everyone!

So it comes with two lipo's (see picture, the one on the right x2). They are 4000mAh, 11.1V 30C. I recently bought a HRB 5000mAh, 14.8V 50C (the one on the left).

Also bought a Cheetah roller for parts, but decided i was gonna build two Cheetah's an d ordered electronics for it. Everything fine and works so far. Last thing i needed was an ESC, so ordered one from AliExpress (see other photo). It's a 150Amp brushless ESC.
I checked for the T-connector, size etc. but didn't see that it has 2 cables with T-connectors which are connected in series.
Since i have no experience with this, because the original ESC that came with the Cheetah onnly has 1 T-cable/connector, i just plugged in the 4000mAh lipo. Nothing.
After a while i plugged in the other 4000mAh to the other connector and everything came to life and works!

The problem is, the Cheetah wasn't built to hold two lipo's. I know with some creativity i can stack'em or something and get'em in, but i want to run it with 1 lipo, not 2.

So question is. is this possible? Can the 2 T-cables/connectors in some way be connected so that it will work with 1 lipo? because right now it doesn't.

Rienk
You need to cut both T connectors off of the ESC and solder the black and red wires coming out of the ESC to a single T connector. You could also create a jumper for one of the T connectors but running a single connector is much cleaner.

Hi everyone!

Rienk
You need a jumper cable, it’s a deans connector with both of the polarities connected.
6F0620B6-6ADC-4465-B803-373EC17FA1E9.jpeg
It looks like this.

Thank you all for such fast reply, much appreciated! So this connects to black and red wire from th esc? If that does the trick i will order one or solder one.

Thanks again!

Also, make sure you don't get the cheaper knock-off versions of the T-style plug. Get the ones that are actually made by Deans.

6:30 into this video will explain why.

Also, make sure you don't get the cheaper knock-off versions of the T-style plug. Get the ones that are actually made by Deans.

Or Amass brand T-plugs. There are actually a lot of Chinese knockoffs of all the connectors. So I only buy Amass connectors, and it doesn't matter which connector type it is, they are all high quality as long as Amass makes them.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Rienk
Welcome! I'm a new member too, but not to the forum or RC. Seems to be the easiest way to solve this is to just buy 2 2s, (7.4v) 3500-5000mah packs. Because you have a 3s (11.1v) and a 4s (14.8v) packs, 2x 2s LiPos in series will give you the same runtime and power as your 4s pack. You could also cut the splitter off and solder on a single deans plug, if you have a solder and the skill.

Thank you all for such fast reply, much appreciated! So this connects to black and red wire from th esc? If that does the trick i will order one or solder one.

Thanks again!
I would donit the way Greywolf74 said to do it.. with a jumper or a loop or a deadhead. Or what ever you want to call it.... you won't get direct power from lipo to esc. You will loose some of your power/volts. It will be running around the loop and not into the esc. But it's up to you.. hope you get it to the way you want bud..👍👍

The Deans connectors are made of much higher quality materials. Not just the plastic but the blades too. The new V2 Deans Ultra Plugs are even better than the old V1s. The V1s are the red ones. The newer V2 are either white or black. After doing some direct comparisons one generic Deans vs Genuine Deans I wont use generic ones anymore. Theyre not nearly as good.

I saw those. The only real difference is a bigger size to handle more current and a different plastic material to handle higher temps. They are white.

I saw those. The only real difference is a bigger size to handle more current and a different plastic material to handle higher temps. They are white.
Oh, there are bigger Deans plugs? I thought there was only one version/size. Must be kinda like how there are different sized XT plugs, XT30s, 60s, 90s, and 120s.

Oh, there are bigger Deans plugs? I thought there was only one version/size. Must be kinda like how there are different sized XT plugs, XT30s, 60s, 90s, and 120s.
The new ones are not bigger theyre just made out of a new plastic that can withstand higher temps. Genuine Deans are good for up to 6S applications. They can handle at least 80-100A continuous. They come in black or white according to Deans but I've only ever seen the white for sale since the new version came out earlier this year.
IMG_2781.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg

The new ones are not bigger theyre just made out of a new plastic that can withstand higher temps. Genuine Deans are good for up to 6S applications. They can handle at least 80-100A continuous. They come in black or white according to Deans but I've only ever seen the white for sale since the new version came out earlier this year.
View attachment 135835View attachment 135836

There are two different sizes. 10-12awg and 12-16awg. The 10-12awg plugs look bigger than the original read ones.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/deans-...ctronics-cars-trucks/c-qeqrsefcytwryqgz?fb=66

View attachment 135835View attachment 135836
Oh, cool! I heard that at high current, non-genuine Deans connectors will melt. 80a-100a+ is really good, that's up there with XT90s! Seems like not very many people know about these, I've never seen these official Deans on a rig before.

Thank you for the info. I will have to purchase some and try them out.

Back