Burnt out ESC need urgent help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrooty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I own a dhk hunter,recently I got a 3s lipo battery because it said it was compatible( I only had a 2s before)
Today I took it out for the first time on 3s, it was performing well, very quick and no hickups, but 5 minutes in, I hit a jump and didn't land it, it then started smoking from the esc.

I was wondering if the battery made it burn up or was it me? I'm new to the hobby so please reply
Jesse

just because it says 3cell dont make it stable on 3 cells.. did you change the pinion gear b4 running 3 cell?. get another esc and stick to 2 cells

Could be a defective motor. My 4X4 Stampede did fine when I first got it. I hooked up the 2S, drove it around my room to make sure everything worked, then did my modifications. When I put it on the road with a 3s, I got smoke from under the body, illuminated by the headlites. Brand new vehicle, so I told my dealer, and he let me remove the motor and esc, ship it to him, and sent me a new motor under warranty. Installed motor, then tested it on a 3s, all was well. I always hook up the 3s when testing now before fooling around with a new vehicle.

Last edited:
Back