Burn you A$$ off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
msly said:
I am certainly waiting for the DL Disc price to drop.

DL will come down in price but not in the near future. With the Blue and HD formats making news and on the verge of being released on the mass market DL was caught in the middle. Only a few manufacturers invested money into the equipment and are trying to recoup their investment. Once the new formats take off, DL will drop for the simple fact that they are the read headed stepchild of the family.

I think DL will still be able to compete with Blueray and HD for at least the next few years. Blueray isn't set to be released for another year. HD-DVD is scheduled to be released this fall, but both of the high resolution formats will require a set that has HDMI or DVI inputs, requiring buyers to purchase a new player and possibly a new HD television. Like when HD first came out, people will be slow to run out and buy new equipment just to watch better movies.

Have you noticed DL burners are dropping like flies in price, I saw one at Fry's yesterday for $59! I think the media will be following very soon. :shrug:

Yes the price will go down but I dont see them dropping like a rock. In a year, I still see the DL disks priced at several dollars each. I have heard there is some political issues as well. With Sony and other entertainment companies with their fingers in the pie you never know what may happen.

I hope the price goes down and does it fast. I have a ton of customers that are chomping at the bit. They get this dead look in their eyes when they see the price.

Back