bump steer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBC_2007

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone know how to fix bump steer..??

(when i push down on the truck both front wheels bow out. when i am driving it doesn't really turn very good either)

any other suggestions??

The tmaxx never really did turn great, by design. The key reason is the 4wd drivetrain, more than bump-steer. The only way you can really minimize this is to place shims between the steering rod and steering knuckle by the tires. One #4 washer each ought to do the trick.

My guess is you, or someone else before you (if its used) put the turnbuckles on the wrong side of the steering arm. I believe they go on the top (the side facing the chassis), and the bottom on the knuckle side. Mine did that after I tore it down, and finally fixed it with that.

My turnbuckles are on the bottom of the steering knuckle . If put on the top it bows out .

that takes care of the outside end. What about the inside end? They should be mounted to the topside of the steering drag link.