Bump-start Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markallen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been a Savage guy for a long time and now it's time to move on.I am planning on buying a Revo and I am going the bump-start route.I have seen a bump box in a mag made just for the Revo somewhere but I forgot who makes it..Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Mark

RD Racing, or if I am wrong, RD Logics. (hey, it gets confusing.)

Revo Rancher said:
RD Racing, or if I am wrong, RD Logics. (hey, it gets confusing.)
You are correct.Thanks alot.It is RD Logics.Man that thing is $150.I guess I'll stick with either pull-start or roto-start..

markallen said:
You are correct.Thanks alot.It is RD Logics.Man that thing is $150.I guess I'll stick with either pull-start or roto-start..

hey,
who does a rota start I'm thinking about that route atm this ez start can be a pain in the arse sometimes

smokedsalmonkid said:
hey,
who does a rota start I'm thinking about that route atm this ez start can be a pain in the arse sometimes

Ofna and Duratrax makes roto-start backplates for various brands of engines.

I just installed the Duratrax roto-start in my Revo. Slicker than snot and it allows me to take all that EZ start stuff off!

Just one tip. If you have the OS .18 TM, you need to order the backplate for the Traxxas 2.5, not the OS. Since the .18TM is a direct-drop replacement, it uses the stock OWB from the 2.5.

I guess that tip would apply to the RB 323 as it uses the TRX 2.5 EZ Start as a bolt on as well. I might go that route, both BS and rotostart.

RD Racing Products and RD Logics both make starter boxes for the Revo. RD Logics copied the RDR box but chinced on it by only putting one motor in it. I have the RDR box and wouldn't go any other way but that. It's $129 but well worth it, besides you lose thos piece of poop OWB's! and the drag and weight that comes with 'em.

I plan on running a bigblock.Which conversion do you guys recommend?

Mark

just a question...i figure its for wieght or racing or something..but why would Someone NOT want the EZ start...i love it compared to my savage.

Badkitty said:
just a question...i figure its for wieght or racing or something..but why would Someone NOT want the EZ start...i love it compared to my savage.

yes weight was an issue with me, but I did like the ez start.

Back