bullet mt starting problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turiondoom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought an hpi nitro bullet mt 4 days ago and I've been trying to start it for 3 days. It keeps flooding out. I take the glow plug out, pull the starter cord a few times to clear out the excess fuel, check that the glow plug is still glowing, put the plug back in and try to start it. It doesn't start and it floods out again. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the engine started?

Is it new? Try pre heating the engine with a hair dryer or heat gun.

If preheating it does not work, lean out the lsn until you can get it to idle.

I just bought an hpi nitro bullet mt 4 days ago and I've been trying to start it for 3 days. It keeps flooding out. I take the glow plug out, pull the starter cord a few times to clear out the excess fuel, check that the glow plug is still glowing, put the plug back in and try to start it. It doesn't start and it floods out again. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the engine started?

I have a Bullet myself & also got mine "new" depending on your outside air temp you might have to lean or richen the HSN. I really have not had to mess with the idle screw that much. For example in Eastern PA the outside temps are in the mid 60's this time of year so the other day I had to lean my HSN just a smidge.. Also Nothing wrong with the hair dryer trick but me personaly I just set my Rig in the sunlight & let it warmup on it's own. Also I put my Rig on a stand "all 4 wheels off the ground" & once I get engine started I hold open the throttle about 1/4 of the way until engine warm's up Then I am good to go
HPI Nitro Star engines are very good engines in my thoughts but thay can be a bit of a pain to get-em going.. OH FYI once you got your bullet running & a good tune it's a blast to run TRUST ME i have alot of fun with my bullet. Just wish more hop-up parts where out for the Rig...:)

I had the same problem with my OFNA dm 1 spec nitro car. It turned out to be a silicone plug thst use when they were finishing the pipe and it was left in there. Just remove your pipe and then look inside. After your done looking at, make sure you replace the zip ties on the exhaust coupler.

Thanks for the tips everybody, I'll give them a try and see if I can get my bullet running.

Back