Building a shock filling station

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I will be building a shock filling station tomorrow. A good little stand that will allow the air to flow 'up' and out after filling the shocks.

Will post some pics and a kind of 'how to' tomorrow. Although simple, it is a good idea for low air content shocks :)

can't wait to see the pics and find out what your going to make it out of.

Interestingly enough I am going to make it out of thick balsa. I figure that balsa will absorb any overflow (if any) and not make a mess. Who knows. Its a first for me.

When you get the pics put them up:)

I purchased one at my LHS for $4.50. I guess I have more money than time.

I guess holding the cylinder between two fingers and adding the silicone/oil doesn't cut it...I have yet to need one of these gizmos, but if it makes rebuilding shocks easier, I shall have to give one a go.

Can't wait to see the pics Christian...

Hahahahaha Eddy! Smart Donkey! I've got nothing but time tomorrow..... Besides, I want 8 shocks in a row.

Sky - I'm building one so I can fill all 8 shocks at once, push/pull the shaft and let the air rise out. I'm hoping to expedite oil changes ;) Pics tomorrow buddy!

Gotcha...I'm all for efficiency...

Got something big going this weekend?

Thanks to El Pirata's encounter with the runaway Beamer, this weekend will be spent watching Tropical Storm Gustav kick some Outer Banks butt.

El...can't wait for you to get that thing (or something) running again, soon...been too long between sessions...need a fix, man...you gotta help me out...:D

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Gotcha...I'm all for efficiency...

I thought you said you are in the military:dumb:

My being in the military has nothing to do with my engineering education...efficiency is a good thing...besides even Uncle Sam is starting to realize that...we are now supposed to "work smarter not harder" and "do more with less"...catch phrases from the last time I heard the CNO (Chief of Naval Operations) speak.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
efficiency is a good thing...besides even Uncle Sam is starting to realize that...we are now supposed to "work smarter not harder"

O-Boy, I guess nothing will ever get done now.:cheeky:

Oh SkyMaxx its oh so fun to hear your point of view and talk with you on these things:D And its nice to know the CNO gets his catch phrases from watching CNN. I think it was the CEO of ford motor company who said it first about 10 or 15 years back. So that would make the CNO just alittle behind the times well thats the military for you:) J/K SkyMaxx.

Hey... we have the latest and greatest technology from the late 70s early 80s...it's kind of like clothing; if we move slow enough it will come back into fashion sooner or later...;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats good:)

And you said I was touchy...;)

sky....please take picture or vid of storm chasing.

If I could I would, but I don't chase storms...I fly around them or wait them out in my home...sorry dude.

Maybe a Gustav version of a shock filling station?!?!? LOL!

Back