Broken RPM A-Arm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donasdux

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Was playing today, and on the 2nd tank of gas, I hit a curb by accident. As we all know the brakes on a Jato aren't the best, so the car tailspun and the rear left wheel smacked the curb. Oddly, the only thing that broke was the arm. It snapped right the hinge-pin hole. The hinge-pin was slightly bent, so that will need to be replaced also. Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone here, since I have gotten nothing but good vibes from users and their RPM products.
I guess I'm just shocked it's broken after just the 3rd tank since it's been up and running.

Even RPM will break with a hard enough hit,and sounds like if it bent the hinge pin it hit pretty hard, just be lucky your arm wasn't aluminum you would have a lot more damage in other areas, So yes RPM will break, but it take a lot harder hit to break them.

I snapped an RPM arm the same way you described, but the temperature was only 10 degrees, making the plastic brittle.

I snapped an RPM arm the same way you described, but the temperature was only 10 degrees, making the plastic brittle.
It was 52 today in NJ. I did get it to do it's 1st wheelie, so it wasn't a total loss :)
Anyway would you guys go and get a new arm for $11, file the warranty claim for about $2.50 shipping or both? For $11 I can have it and play tomorrow, or I can wait 2 weeks for a new one if they feel I didn't abuse the part.

i would buy a new one, send your other off and have it for a spare when it comes back

Back