Broke the slash pretty good today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So Went to the local park to do some bashing and fishing. Sun went down and was tired of fishing (fished the past 4 days straight) and decided to go play with the slash. Me and my buddies were standing there bs'in and I was driving around. Mind you its dark. I was hitting this little hill thing on the side walk at half throttle and rolling into it as it hit the top and it was wheeling for about 40 feet after that. It was bitchen. There was a light pole right next to the hill though. So I got the bright idea ill go drive it buy the guys fishing next to the lake, from standing in the parking lot. Went down and turned around on the way back I was driving next to the lake on the side walk, and pined it, slid sideways and LANCHED INTO THE LAKE! I was laughing my ass off at what I just did. It front fliped as it went off the ledge and landed upside down and started to float off. My buddy grabs his fishing pole( at this point you probally thing I'm full of it but I'm dead serrious) and runs down faster then me to hook it. He reeled it in keeping it rubber side up somehow. The lid was full of water. Fliped it over and it was still running! Sweet. Went back up to the hill, wheelie a few more times then it happend. I was making a WFO pass back and it went sideways by the light pole and slid into it at 60 or so. And well it didnt fare to well. So my slash had fliped numorous times, Driven off my frineds roof, romped a half pipe and pool, WENT IN A LAKE lipo and brushless and all, and was finally broke by a light pole. Heres the dammage.
CIMG1264.jpg

CIMG1265.jpg

CIMG1268.jpg

CIMG1266.jpg

There still water in the chassis, IDK if you can see it to well though.
CIMG1267.jpg

I was laughing the whole time. I love my slash. Time to upgrade! I'm thinking gorrilla maxx chassis.
I dont think I've ever posted pics of my slash, heres what it used to look like after a fresh lid.
CIMG0914.jpg

CIMG0915.jpg

CIMG0916.jpg

Sounds like a great day, I don't even think a Gorrila max chassis is going to stand up to a telephone pole:) btw nice rig as well.

LOL well, at least you had fun while you were doing it! I gotta take mine to the local park soon, there are lots of areas to wheel, and a lake, too! :)

That is the most carnage I have EVER seen when it comes to the Slash.

How about upgrading to the 4X4 Slash???

That is the most carnage I have EVER seen when it comes to the Slash.

How about upgrading to the 4X4 Slash???

Because I can fix this for 25 dollars or spend 200 more for the 4x one. Eh I'll stick with what I got for now. Rather have the mini anyway. Lol

nice job! it looks like you gear box may be tweaked aswell.

Idk I'm thinking about fixing all the problems with this sucker now, and selling it lol. I had my hands on a blitz yesterday, oh man so nice, plus my sponsor is making some killer parts for it. Still in the air! A new platform would be nice though.

Back