brand new, need help please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subaruwrx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
turns left but won’t turn right, the gyro works and when i move the back end it will turn right, new to the rc world. was gonna wait for a local hobby shop to open to see if they could help.

Welcome to the forum. Disconnect the steering linkage and turn the wheels by hand and see if something is in a bind. If not, your servo may have an issue, or your servo may be installed wrong and the servo is hitting it's max travel turning right. I don't think it is endpoint adjustments based on the way it appears to be binding turning right.

To properly reinstall steering arm:
  • Remove the servo horn
  • Turn on the transmitter and the car and center the steering trim
  • Reinstall the servo horn making sure the wheels are as straight as you can get them.
  • Reset the steering servo endpoints per your transmitter's instructions

Welcome to the forum. Disconnect the steering linkage and turn the wheels by hand and see if something is in a bind. If not, your servo may have an issue, or your servo may be installed wrong and the servo is hitting it's max travel turning right. I don't think it is endpoint adjustments based on the way it appears to be binding turning right.

To properly reinstall steering arm:
  • Remove the servo horn
  • Turn on the transmitter and the car and center the steering trim
  • Reinstall the servo horn making sure the wheels are as straight as you can get them.
  • Reset the steering servo endpoints per your transmitter's instructions
for some reason it won’t stay at center, if i take off the horn and center the wheels and put it back on will it fix this? i think the whole issue is with the receiver, the trim settings and all that.

Oh, it has a gyro. I would go through and recalibrate everything if your manual explains how.

disconnect/disable the gyro and then do the steps that Wicked suggested. Set your steering trim to zero before doing those steps. Once youve done all of that then recalibrate your ESC with the transmitter. If that fixes it then turn your gyro back on. If that doesn't fix it then my guess is a bad servo. Highly unlikely its the receiver.

Welcome to RCT. First get it off the bed or blanket. Get the wheel off the ground. Use a coffee can or box anything. You can burn your servo that way. Then I would follow the steps mentioned above ☝☝ by @Greywolf @WickedFog

Gyros have to have limits set. Is your car brand new with a manual?

Back