bought used rc nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddjelly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i bought used rc nitro truck. the guy said it needed a servo. but when i got home the reciever was off the truck not a servo. the question is should a nitro truck streering servo and throttle servo work regardless if the motor is running. when i swith the car battery on and the handheld remote should the thing turn wheels and move the throttle?

If there is no receiver, your servos will not move. But if you had a receiver and turned the transmitter and reciever on, yes the servos wold move without the engine running.

ty

ok thank you for your input. so my first part to buy would be a reciever since i have no movement what so ever.

Yes, what kind of car is it? By the way, the reason they don't move without and receiver is because the servo's hook into the receiver.

yes i hook the servos up too it and put it back in car. it is a acme racing conquistador.

everything on it is aluminum or steel. has had many upgrade parts.

Make sure, the crystals in your transmitter, match the crystals in the receiver you buy.

i dont want to do anything stupid with it so i am asking questions before i do anything.

can't i use the old crystal i the new reciever.

If your car did not come with a receiver than you don't have a crystal for the receiver. Your Transmitter has a crystal in it. Just make sure the receiver you buy has the same crystal in it as your transmitter. You need a crystal in your receiver, and a crystal in your transmitter and they need to match or your transmitter will be putting out a different radio signal than the receiver can accept.

Don't worry about asking questions stupid or not. Thats what were here for.

ok it did come with a reciever and a crystal but the were off the truck and i put it back on.

Then you don't need a receiver lol. So your saying you turn them both on, and nothing moves?

hey while we are at it this did not come with instructions and i have looked everywhere online for a manual for it. do you have any idea where i migh find one?

yes that is what i am saying. nothing happens. i have fresh batteries all wires are hooked up have red light on remote

Now I'm not sure if its your receiver. Hmmm... So you ut fresh battery's in the car and turned the receiver switch on?

yes new batteries in truck and remote control

Then it probably is your receiver, I will look and see where you can get one.

ok ty very much. when i got the truck the reciever was off and the crystall was out of it . the housing was open. so i was guessing that was the problem.

it is a two channel am transmitter and reciever.

and they are made by rc sport

already ordered it. now how about the manual?

Look around on the web, I wasn't able to fine one.