Bought used MBX5T $300

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerboybikes73

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
HI I bought a MBX5T Prospec at my local track for $300. It has a spektrum DX3, a Mamba ESC/Motor, Tekno Electric conversion, JR 8711 steering servo and two 18.5v lipos. Did I do as well with this purchase as they guys at the track are telling me? This is my first venture into 1/8 scale.

Yeah thats a good deal imo. Sounds setup well, should haul ass and instantly too. Their a nice 1/8 buggy too. Congrats!

Yeah you got a good deal if it all works. The Castle system alone retails for $300 ($200 or so on the used market). The MBX5T Prospec is a great rig, but a tad outdated. It's still PLENTY competitive in the hands of a good driver though and parts are a dime a dozen. If it has the older DX3 (DSM1) then I would consider an upgrade when your budget allows....but it should be fine for now. My Castle system used to interfere with my DX3 on occasion at full throttle....but it was a rare occurence.

Good score!