Bought my dream rc for $100

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Peeeenuuutt

RCNT Talkaholic
$100 local! Man this thing is a beast. He said it’s been ran twice but caught on fire so he didn’t want it anymore. The fire was 5 years ago. I took the deal after seeing it. The fire turned out to be in the receiver box. Old TF 40 receiver caught on fire. Put in a spektrum one and paired it to my dx 2s. Plugged it in with a power supply because none of my batteries are EC5. Everything works. It’s really in mint condition. There’s minor scratches on the bottom of the chassis and all bearings are in great shape. Car looks to be about 6 years old. Has the factory option castle mamba monster 2 in the form of an ELC 6s running on pre 2013 mamba monster 1 firmware! Seriously, yes! Version 1.24 it clocked in. I hooked it up to castle link and did some setups and it’s ready to go! Just gotta solder up some adapters. Can’t wait to drive this thing! 9010ABC5-F40B-401A-8185-A8A154C11908.jpeg 7677C546-0B75-46C2-B1A8-C8EDCF14775D.jpeg C1E6955C-CC99-4D66-BC4B-DDDBDCD15BDF.jpeg 7BCC578E-01B1-4198-88C6-F7BBBB112C7C.jpeg D8BECE35-B130-46FB-B168-BA73130CB33E.jpeg

Last edited:

Peeeenuuutt

RCNT Talkaholic
You son of a b, that was a great deal.
That’s the only reason I bought it 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really like burning money on my hobby I feel like it’s unhealthy. Here’s a pic with the body on.
image.jpg
And here’s my ancient body that I ran on my old vorza blur that I kept.
image.jpg

And here’s the ultra low resistance wiring I have installed right now to tune everything:
image.jpg

Last edited:

tntpoof

RCNT Addict
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I've had a Vorza sitting on my hobby shelf after I hit a cinder block doing 85.. Head on ..its a roller now great when it was running.. have fun liking you ultra low resistance wires ..

Peeeenuuutt

RCNT Talkaholic
I've had a Vorza sitting on my hobby shelf after I hit a cinder block doing 85.. Head on ..its a roller now great when it was running.. have fun liking you ultra low resistance wires ..
Yeah man. This thing is a BEAST on lead acid 12 volts. Can’t wait to see how it fairs on 6s lipo.

Peeeenuuutt

RCNT Talkaholic
Got its first run in today. This thing is awesome. Sips on batteries even with the 18 tooth pinion I have in it. Runs cool as hell and took some pretty serious hits without breaking. Serious power going to the ground in this. Wonder how it compares to the ELH system. Comparing it to my Senton’s blx 185 which is a lot similar to the ELH, it’s night and day. Especially with the temperatures. Best $100 spent ever!
0C7C0A0E-71F0-4DB5-8EE3-253510FE4206.jpeg
0E67A57A-6811-4B67-82C2-08C0F265E2EC.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Bought a brushless motor with 5mm shaft Electric RC 3
SpikeTop I just bought a forklift in 1:8 scale that came with a Ni-Cad battery pack Electric RC 12
T Bought my first rc car Electric RC 3
techtone 36 years old bought a cheap RC car and have some questions :) Electric RC 8
Rpmspeedyblue Just bought me the limitless today Arrma RC 9
Don mercier So i bought a 6s kraton roller and been building it up the past week staring too look like a nice rig RC Builds and Projects 1
Don mercier So i put my 4s electronics in my parts truck i bought yesterday just for fun Monster Trucks 15
S Bought a used traxxas revo, have a couple of questions about identifying upgrades, and about a couple of issues Nitro RC 61
franzcatch Changing frequency on store-bought RC car Electronics 3
Crash Bandicoot Bought a used Yeti XL Electric RC 0
A_locomotive Bought an Associated RC10 B44.3(?) Roller, hoping to get back into racing, need help getting pointed in the right direction. Buggy and Truggy 5
batmanninja i bought this. Electric RC 7
TypeONegative bought a revo big block and new engine how does the bb kit throttle work? Nitro RC 1
TypeONegative just bought this engines for a big block revo will it fit? Engines 5
yeroc1982 Just bought Hitec X1AC plus Electronics 2
N Just Bought A Traxxas Nitro Rustler w/ TSM Nitro RC 16
IdriveSlideways Just bought Kyosho DBX 2.0 Nitro RC 9
jchobbiest bought a new tmaxx 2.5 Traxxas T-Maxx 21
Non Crimen uh oh, bought another Traxxas Slash Short Course Trucks 11
J bought a hpi rs4 Nitro RC 13
HPIguy I Bought Another Bike Today General Chaos 6
tvjv2009 New to this.. just bought a used t maxx 2.5 Traxxas T-Maxx 4
Alan81 So I bought a used nitro from a kid. Chassis & Drivetrain 86
B Just bought first nitro buggy Nitro RC 1
B bought new savage x and .21 HPI Savage 1
madd802 Just bought A...... Electric RC 4