Bought a Slash VXL 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMAXX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally broke down after 6 years of not adding any new R/Cs into my collection and chose the Traxxas Slash VXL 4x4 Greg Adler Edition. Can't wait to run it got it this evening. Finally figured out how to program the ESC and Transmitter.

I have been upgrading all my electric R/Cs to LiPo Battery Packs and Brushless motors this year. Also converting them from FM Radios to 2.4 Ghz

I chose the Spectrum DX3C radio transmitter very cool radio holds up to 20 models in memory.

This year I converted my 2 Team Associate B4 buggies to the Duratrax 1/10 Element 3900kV Brushless System and this rocks as far as speed. I can only run half throttle around the track because they are so insanely fast. I need to gear them down with a smaller pinion gear. With a Venom 2s 5000 40C Lipo pack I can get over 30 minutes of runtime on them.

One of my B4s is still FM and the other has the new Spectrum receiver in it.

I know now why Venom quit selling their Brushless AMP 80 this thing bytes and worked for a few months then quit. I need to get a new ESC for the Team T4 I converted because the Venom one failed after a few months.

SO my line up when I go to the local R/C Track to play includes 6 toys now

TMaxx 2.5r Bought in 2001
Revo 2.5r with a 3.3 engine installed bought in 2005
AE B4 Buggy Red Bought in 2004
AE B4 Buggy Blue Bought in 2004
AE T4 Bought in 2004
Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL bought in 2012

I have been in the hobby for many years and this not everything in my collection I also have 3 on road cars, 2 boats, 2 Helocopters, Tamiya Grass Hopper vintage 1987 and a AE T3 vintage 1989 and a AE GT2 2008

How many toys you have?

Ahhhhhhh yes the Grasshoppa!!! Takes me back to when I got my very first RC....Tamiya Frog! Someone stole it out of my garage after about 2 months of owning it o_O

My current list of kits is:
Losi XXL
Losi LST2-E w/RX8 & T8 1550kv (Electric conversion)
Losi 8ight-E w RX8 & T8 2650kv (Electric Conversion)
Losi Ten T w/O.S. .21TM
HPI Savage X SS w/O.S. .30VG
OFNA 9.5MBX w/Mach 427 & Dual Gas tank mod
Traxxas Rustler w/ Castle MMM and 2200kv (Highly moded 100+MPH set up)
Traxxas Rustler w/ Hobbywing EZRun SC8 and Castle 3800kv
Bully based Crawler w/ Dual Sidewinders and Dual Rockstar 45Ts
Yokomo Type C Drift clone w/MMP and Tekin SC4X 5.5T 4000KV
Durango DESC410R w/RX8 & Pro4 4000KV
Esky Belt CP 450 Heli
Esky HoneyBee King 2 Heli

I use a combination of the Flysky Gt3B and a Futaba 4PL. I use a Powerlabs 6 for my lipos. Have lots of other cool toys but those are the most noteworthy. :)

Below is my list, being as I don't have a fancy list of conversions or upgraded engines, I'll put the purchase price. All of my rigs were used and running except for the XXL and Jato, the XXL was new and the Jato was a roller.
Traxxas Nitro Sport- $20
Traxxas Nitro Rustler- $30
Traxxas Bandit VXL- $26
Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3- $Free
Traxxas Jato 3.3- $40
Losi Micro Baja- $Free
Losi XXL- My only new rig

Are forgetting 0's on the end of those?
How'd you get them for so cheap? When I go on kijiji or Craigslist everybody wants way to much for there used rc's, some are even wanting more then what the paid in stores cause they have some upgrades like used and worn proline wheels and tires. Like one guy has a sealed nib traxxas slash platinum for $480. Now I've looked and you can get that for $420 brand new at hobby shops in Canada, he says he paid $550 for it which is the price of the ultimate. I looked at the pics it's a platinum. Like just cause he got overcharged he's trying to overcharge others

I've been lucky, I can never give someone any help with trying to price a used rig....my prices are too low. lol

I see that I am not the only R/C nut out here with a large collection of R/Cs. I have only ever sold 2 of my remote control trucks one was the Original TMaxx with the Pro .15 engine and the other was Duratrax Maximum BX Nitro buggy.

The next one I will upgrade to brushless will be my AE TC4 and still trying to figure out what the best motor will be for this car. The closet onroad track is almost 35 miles away.

I do not run my Mugen MTX 3 much anymore because it is next to impossible to buy parts for it anywhere on the Web.

Back