Bought a hump pac..connector wrong kind?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORDSVTTHUNDER

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Bought A 1600 mah speed pack today. I asked for one to fit my savage. I get home and it has the same kind of connector that I'm suppose to plug into. The connector is the kind that will plug into the 2.4 receiver. So do I need an adapter or do I have to swap it out for a different hump?

I'm assuming this is an RX pack? If so I do believe if both connectors are the same they do sell adapters to fit 2 female or male plugs. I will keep my eyes peeled as I surf for hopups for my rigs.

It's a speed pack to power the servos in place of the 4 aa battery pack on the truck. Thanks. I'd need both ends male (adapter)

Unplug the aa battery holder from vehicle. Then plug in your pack into your wire harness. If the pack has a black plug then it's the right pack. If the pack has a white plug or any other plug that's bigger than the one into the aa holder, then you got the wrong battery. Please post a pic so I can help you, Steve.

left is from rx. Plug on right is from hump. The one from the aa battery pack is a small red one that fits into the red rx plug

Attachments

• P1010671.jpg
    P1010671.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 122
left is from rx. Plug on right is from hump. The one from the aa battery pack is a small red one that fits into the red rx plug

I think you need a male jst to hitec female. My savage x or my first hump pack came with one.

Here are some not all basic RC connector types.
FirefoxScreenSnapz013.png

Last edited:
Thanks man. I wish the LHS guy knew that but in reality it's my responsibility to know what I need. Guess I'll have to make another hour and a half round trip for a $3 part:(

I know it sucks traveling for the part but while you're out there, make a list of what you need. The color note app works wonders and replaces the use of a steno pad. Some things you might need and not already have. Nitro spray cleaner, air filter oil, a bigger fuel bottle, some misc. parts. This is what I do when I go the my lhs which is about a 45 min to an hour round trip depending on the traffic.

Thanks man. I wish the LHS guy knew that but in reality it's my responsibility to know what I need. Guess I'll have to make another hour and a half round trip for a $3 part:(

I learned a few years back that the best bet is to take your rig with you whenever you need assistance. Typically, seeing the actual issue does more for diagnostics.

I'm lucky my hobbystore is a whole 250 feet across the street but I still take my truck every time lol.

Man,I'd be broke if I had one that close lol. I'm throwing cash left and right on my Fords that I race with and now this little truck is getting expensive and I haven't even cranked it yet lol.

Traxxas makes an adaptor. I reccommend it. It's only $5. You plug your speed pack into it an it plugs into your reciever and the extra wire is so you can charge it without having to unplug the pack, it has a on/off switch so you can mount it on your reciever box

cut the end off an old servo and use that in place of the wrong connector lol

i had the same prob so i just put my himoto viper on and off switch and put it on my savage lol it never worked anyway.

Back