Boost bottle ????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmcgrath48

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
T-MAXX..SIRIO.18tx rebuild.

:\ I've got a T-MAXX fitted with a SIRIO.18tx engine in it.
Know THANKS TO RCNT I've found the base setting for this engine on the ''Sirio.18 Help-RC Engines and Motors'' forum ''THANKS GUYS''
I've had to do a rebuild because I broke my con rod in the newyear,could not get a new one over here (IRELAND) because, Sirio don'nt make these engines any more:(, so I got a Italian friend of mine to contact Sirio in ITALY for me.
They KINDLY sent me a complete PISTON KIT for FREE :D :first_place:to rebuild my engine.
I've rebuilt my engine ,set my carb to the base settings
5.1/2 HSN 2.1/2 LSN as stated in forum.
My break in methord
2 tanks on idel.
2 tanks on low throttle. Set on trim.
2 tanks on low to mid throttle. set on trim.
2 tanks on Mid to Hi throttle .Short Bursts .
2 tanks on full throttle,Short Bursts .
I Will remove the silver air flow resrictor,when fully broken in.
But WHAT is a BOOST BOOTLE View attachment 7177 and where is it ,as it say in the forum you can remove it ???
Regards to all. Sean

Last edited:
I assume you are talking about one of those stupid NOS bottles...They will KILL you're engine before you know it. They are worthless.

Boot Bottle ? ? ?

I assume you are talking about one of those stupid NOS bottles...They will KILL you're engine before you know it. They are worthless.

:( I don'nt know ??? I got it in stock condition 2nd hand,last february 08.
If u look at my thread under this 1 , theres a foto of my T-MAXX. . I've only put a few Mod's on it . servo saver . Mid gearbox saver .Home made Rollbar .
Up grade Shocks . Sirio.18tx engine . Hi-Flow Air-filter . One of those blue
t-maxx race exhaust, with 2" home made extention in the middle .
So there's no NOS bottle on it.???
Regards Sean:)

But that crappy "high flow" air filter will kill the motor faster than the nitrous would.

Yes. 100%, but the best thing to get, motor saver filter.

Yes. 100%, but the best thing to get, motor saver filter.

:\ No worrys there then. I've got 2 TRAXXAS air filters in my box:D. but WHAT is a motor saver filter. Will the Traxxas air-filters DO. As I live in IRELAND the nearest RC hobby shop is 250miles round trip 4 me and even then there not the best 4 spares, unless ur in to trians.
Regards Sean

First off, ireland F'n rocks. And second, the stock traxxas will do just fine. 100000000 times better than that one you got on it right now. That thing will ruin your motor.

First off, ireland F'n rocks. And second, the stock traxxas will do just fine. 100000000 times better than that one you got on it right now. That thing will ruin your motor.
Ya man !!! its GREAT over here. . BUT not so great 4 spares 4 my T-MAXX. .

And to answer your other question, motor saver, its a brand of filters.

THANKS 4 ALL your info it's greatfully received. I've allready changed air-filter.
Just 1 more question. The air restrictor in my Sirio.18tx (silver ring on top of carb) should I leave it in , or remove it. .
Many thanks again . . Sean :)

If its from the factory, i'd just leave it in.

Thanks agian 4 all ur info. . . Knowledge is power. . Theres a lot of power on RCNT,and I'm a little bit,stronger now. . .
kind regards Sean :)

and all of the other crap floating around IN the air.

:) I got on to RCPITSTOP.UK today and orderd 2 decent air-filters and a fuel filter. .THANKS 2 ALL 4 info.
Regards . Sean

My T-MAXX foto

The air-filter is a stock TRAXXAS 1 now, not the 1 in foto's.
But any INFO I get from u guy's is allway greatfully recieved.
Kind Regards.
Sean , WestCork in IRELAND

Last edited: